Clothing Expanded

0kamikaze

This was the best result I could have asked for. My original intent was to link CE stat changes to perks. This opens the door to apply this mod not only to clothing but armors as well, as well as perks which activate under specific conditions. All of these changes mean I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board and put the pieces back together.

I think the last thing that would truly make this mod special is if there was some way to prevent a player from changing clothes during combat. This would prevent people from wearing fine clothes for a speech bonus and immediately donning their Daedric Armor when trouble stirs up. I am looking into the Jobs of Skyrim mod to see if I can also apply a 'time penalty', where doing a job/action costs time.

Also need to figure out if perks can be disabled/toggled off after they are enabled without scripts.

Edited by 0kamikaze

I'm really looking forward to the mod. I'm not sure how to prevent the player from switching back and forth between gear. I'm sure you could probably create a script that would delay the effect for a minute or so after equipping the item, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about this would be.

As far as disabling/toggling perks... you may be able to add separate conditions to the perks, but the conditions that you apply to the initial perk box are generally only used to determine requirements within the perk trees. I'm not sure they'll work the same way to prevent a perk to applying to the player if the player has already been given the perk.

Depending on what you want to trigger the perk, you could script it. How you go about this would depend on what you want to do.

Another option (though it seems a bit convoluted) may be to create another spell to control the perk. This spell could have the toggle conditions and when those conditions are met, the spell would apply the perk (which would then apply the spells). :tongue: Sounds silly, but that's actually how a number of effects are achieved in the vanilla game. I trying to think of a few examples and can't recall them off-hand...I think maybe the Backstab enchantment on the DBGloves is one.

Wow..This idea is great...

Just 2 small considerations:

1- The best solution on my opnion will be that script perking at the game start... regular enchanting will crash the meaning of this mod.

2- RAISE those bonus and penalties... just how the game works... +2.. +5, -3 of bonus is VERY low to make some diference... will not worth any player the trouble on changing cloths just to do some specific action... I think you should be working on +10, +15... +30 and -10, -20.. that ranges... aint totaly sure, but worths to test this...

Hope you do it okm finish and release it.. I will use it! :)

Ket

@ketaroz I'm extremely hesitant about massive bonuses for a single item. The bonuses for a single article of clothing are set at intentionally low levels because I have to consider the entire set of clothing (shirt, boots, armwear, hats) when worn together. I felt like a +12 bonus maximum for a whole set of clothing was good, because I didn't want clothing to replace the speech skill/perks. Of course, if you think the maximum bonus of a set of clothing should be higher, I'm interested. I may put up a poll and see whats most popular.

Scripting is giving me a massive headache right now. I need to figure out how to get perks working before I can properly flesh out the scope of the mod. Here's where I'm at so far.

I've set up a Perk: 1Az_SRP_Z1_Testperk1

1Az_SRP_Z1_Testperk1 in Perk Entries uses a Spell(ability), 1Az_SRP_Z1_E_Testperk1 which goes to to the magic effects that buff debuff stats.

I've created a quest and script. The problem is when compiling the script, I get errors. Below is what the script looks like and the error log.

===SCRIPT===

Scriptname SRPstart extends Quest

Spell Property 1AZ_SRP_E_Z1_TestEffect1 auto

Event OnInit()

Game.getplayer().addperk(1AZ_SRP_E_Z1_TestEffect1, 0)

EndEvent

===LOG===

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "SRPstart"...

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\SRPstart.psc(3,15): no viable alternative at input '1'

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\SRPstart.psc(3,44): mismatched input '\\r\\n' expecting STATE

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\SRPstart.psc(6,34): missing RPAREN at 'AZ_SRP_E_Z1_TestEffect1'

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\SRPstart.psc(6,57): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ','

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\SRPstart.psc(6,60): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ')'

No output generated for SRPstart, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on SRPstart

This and the resumption of classes is really weighing me down a bit. I'd appreciate if anyone could figure out whats going wrong here.

Edited by 0kamikaze

Try removing the ",0" from the 6th line, so it reads: Game.getplayer().addperk(1AZ_SRP_E_Z1_TestEffect1)

What you have looks almost exactly like one of my scripts, but my script is "addspell." I know addperk is a viable command, but it looks like maybe the 0 shouldn't be used with it. What the 0 does is it tells the game to add the spell silently rather than notify the player that it's been added. It works for spells, but I guess it's not used for perks. Sorry for messing that up.

Still having troubling getting this all working. I've gotten the script in 'edit source' to save without a hitch by changing 'spell property' into 'perk property'. However, when compiling the script I still get an error.

===SCRIPT===

Perk Property Az_SRP_Z1_Testperk1 Auto

Event OnInit()

Game.getplayer().addperk(Az_SRP_Z1_Testperk1)

EndEvent

===ERROR REPORT===

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "QF_SRPquest_02004E38"...

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\QF_SRPquest_02004E38.psc(12,9): Init is not a function or does not exist

No output generated for QF_SRPquest_02004E38, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on QF_SRPquest_02004E38

UPDATE (2): Changed Event OnInit() to Function Init(). Compiling scripts brought up no box at all, so I have no idea if its actually compiled or inert. Quest activated, no effect.

@FiftyTifty I tried your changes and I still get the same error message as above [(12,9): Init is not a function or does not exist].

Edited by 0kamikaze

IIRC, the OnInit() event is not as flexible as other events. Perhaps try this?

Perk Property Az_SRP_Z1_Testperk1 Auto

Event OnInit()

RegisterForUpdate(2)

GotoState ("AAAaddPerk")

EndEvent

State AAAaddPerk

Event OnUpdate()

Game.getplayer().addperk(Az_SRP_Z1_Testperk1)

UnregisterForUpdate()

EndEvent

EndState

Edited by FiftyTifty