[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mhh... i never uploaded anything with it... but sounds reasonable....

----------------

news update:

quests done:

Stranded - repair the boat to get to the caravansery - 100% incl. voiceacting

The Rouge Commander - help the DONs to gain control of Cry's island and fight a renegade commander, or join his cause - basic quest done - needs voiceacting (3xmale voices needed, 1x 15yrs+, 2x 25yrs+) - could need cell changes to show off a difference after the quest is done, dunno if ill include that

some more pics:

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9849/100n.jpg

dont like imperialistic badmans? drop somin on em!

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2023/110e.jpg

bun babylon bun!

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/677/120app.jpg

dont like the nuclear holocoust? utilize the appetite of natures creations!

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/231/130y.jpg

nooo... a simple minigun wont stop em!

well i didint hear from the bunch in a long time anyway... so basicly its not up to them if they like it... i personally like persian style music as long as it aint that nasty cheap wannabe pop crap...

anyway i found the reason why i couldnt convert the radio station to a master file and therefore can incooperate it now

i will probably make the basic radio station myself using music similiar to galaxy news, i think that persian music would fit the natives very well... id like to get my hand on some guitar and drum playing animations so we could just add a whole band playing there... thatd be awesome :)

Oh Jaysus Try umpa's animation if you are looking for guitar animations...

Current Mod

The "We Funk" Radio Station UPDATE (WIP) 1

Progress:

Scripting: |||||||||| (20% Done)

Voice Acting: |||||||||| (0% Done)

Level Building: |||||||||| (100% Done)

Quest Design: |||||||||| (0% Done)

Overall Progress: |||||||||| (30% Done)

Here Are Some Pics From the new "The Dude" And one of the New Locations:

looks good :)

(although the plank leading to the landside is a bit in the ground - check my gangplanks to see how i avoided it - for example by placing a small rock under one side)

ill prolly move your boat tho, since i have a new boat to get to Cry's isLand anyway ill extend the boat bridge and place em all around that...

but plz finish it asap plz as i need to wait for you before i can make changes to the HSC cell so we can merge it...

or you make it an addon ;) but then i need to think up the boat bridge now so you can place it accordingly

Ooof it's Heavily Modified Jaysus, You have to move all the refrences, markers, Pipes, NPCs...

But still I'm a long road From finishing, These Scripts just can't be talked with, Just as simple as this:

1-kill the guy and the objective gets completed and another objective gets added.

that's it.

but the GECK Will not Accept What I Tell it to do, hehe makes my head ache...

lol dont tell me -.- have been doing that main quest since 3 days lol... i tell you once you have more than one objective and alternate choices it gets confusing lol...

moving that whole thing is no problem tho as i doubt that u used any xyz coordinates in your scripts ;) if its just refs you could move em to andale and theyd still work

ok here are the updates:

theres a native trader in the native camp, i still need to distribute the new items between the COMM faction and the natives tho...

2 quests done completely xcept for voiceacting for "the rouge commander"!

rouge commander quest content:

Captain Red Carp, Hatchet the native sentry, Colonel Gurds and Commander KilfoGore need voices! as does the rest but these are important imo

talk to Cptn RC

get to com. Kilfogore

hunt down Colonel Gurds who abandoned the DONS and fights em now together with his loyal hmong erm natives

drop a target marker in his camp so the SMS Asgard can launch a tactical nuke on him

alternative:

tell colonel Gurds bout the plot and plant the marker in the DON camp instead

OR

plant a scented carrot there instead which sends a stampede of hungry brahmin on their way to the dons... theyll eat em all and do so for ever even the respawning dons and therefore might be the better solution

rewards:

help the dons and get your submarine home for free

help the colonel and get Suterusu no Mempo (that stealth mask i made)

be aware of the nuke btw... only 15 seconds time till impact and they really have a blast radius that coveres a third of the island... i just lost my legs during a test run lol... my upperbody was save thx god tho

in the name of big whoop!

i just put monkey islands music on the islands... what can i say... does someone have a contact info for lucas arts permission questions? or should we ask the users to download it themselves, its freely available but im unsure about the reuse rights

i want it!!!!! i need it!!!! thats just too magnificent... some steeldrums, monkeys screaming, the sea shore splashing, and the mind filled with elaine's eyes...

Jay, If they are free, this means that anyone can download them, so since it's free, The #@$% Copyright issues won't get counted, anyone that does not understand this, does not understand copyright as well.

by the way, I'm going to CANCEL my mod, since every single time I Try to Fix a few Loose ends, errors, CTDs...etc, stop me from fixing.

I'll wait until you release the new Version of COMM and continue my work after wards, cheers.

EDIT: Oh, since "We Funk" Was canceled, I will be turning my attention to a new, From scratch mod, mainly, I'll start with Textures and Meshes then Simply Put my Attention to GECK.

It's Called : PIRATES!!!

Cheers again Jaysus.