ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

lets see...

youre a modder? you create awesome stuff? but youre annoyed by having to put every item in the game in a spectacular manner? wail no longer!

The Commonwealth Of Moddders has arrived!

============================================

addons:

JaySuS Axes N Machetes for COMM

JaySuS Japanese Melee Blades for COMM

JaySuS Wolverine Mk II for COMM

JaySuS Molotov Cocktails for COMM

JaySuS Wolverine MkI for COMM

Malo's Armors and Dresses for COMM

============================================

idea:

creating an ingame market place for your mods... somin like a superstore, outlet center, megton, paradise falls... a place where modders have their merchant, can sell their stuff and build quests or whatever you like around him/her... yourself...

a big mod... but not... many small mods... but not... a grande experience tho for sure

method:

create a nice building complex and put it ingame, everyone gets a merchant with a distinct loot list (which can contain many, many sub loot lists)...

modders now just need to expand that list with every mod they release and the merchant will get the new stuff

why?:

prevent loot list conflicts as good as possible

ease the way for modders to get stuff ingame

create a modding commonwealth with a relative quality standard as good or above vanilla stuffz

create a new place to venture and look forward to on return

possibilities:

maybe one could even advertise future releases to be bought for hard money... ala DLC

would have to be restricted to somin like only 20% can be sold and 80% need to be free... 10% of the royalty go to me for maintaining and organizing the place...

but thats just an idea :P

additional quests to gain super artifacts, original voiceacting, and anything associated with a base of crazy ass merchants...

signed up so far:

growlf - famous for his work in the nudity department and the lingery creation, gets things nakid...

jaysus - jack of all trades famous for his anarchistic architecture, gets things to be cool... even your daughter

malo - the first to get skins working in fallout! all your cloth belongs to him, gets things dressed...

vash1985 - guns, guns and more guns... everyone loves guns..., gets things killed...

brupo - amazing models from the tropicals

workforce:

you and each individual modder does his stuff

i create the buildings and worldspace place

everybody can contribute in which ever way he or she (screw that lets start to call us "it" too lol i mean cmon i know what i am doesnt need to be put in grammar) chooses

that includes, models, textures, scripts, quests, stories, book/note items, voice acting for your merchant and other npcs, and so on you get the idea eh? whatever you can think of and would be cool... make it!

notes:

the merchant npcs should resemble your character somehow

try to connect your stuff a bit to the lore...

example: growlf wants a lush green bavarian style home with roses and clean water... which imo needs explanation why its there... for example the green could just be painted on (like in reality lol), he discovered plants grow just well but evil forces keep that secret and such... maybe make it a quest even...

------------------

what i want from you:

sign up - needs a minimum of 5 mods released (game doesnt matter but beth games preferred) which are agreeable of good quality OR an incredibly good portofolio of whatever kind - ill always ask all 4 founding members first before someone is accepted - this may take a few days depending on avaibility but ensures hapiness (some figures ill just take in anyway tho... on the basic assumption that thy rock lol yaya democracy my ass, but these are the guys whose mods i use since morrowind so quality ensured...)

come up with ideas regarding, story, place, buildings, npcs, your merchant, your shop, the whole complex and so on but those above are most vital mainly how the things shall look so i can start creating the place

troll a bit to bump the thread... ;D

create original stuff to go with the mod on release for a neater impact effect

pictures are always good to explain a thought, drawings, photos, whatever you name it...

--------------------

conventions:

main mod language will be english

-even tho i think some voice acting in diff. languages would rock (like the russian immigrant who cant speak english but wants to get rid of his AKs for cheap)... i can help translating between german and english... and i bet well make a german translation if theres alot of text to understand, other languages welcome

try to discuss in english plz

-i wont mind some foreign expressions and explanations if you dont know some word but plz try to make us all understand - i hope the rest agrees and doesnt cry for mr moderator just cause someone spoke a whole post in portugese... even tho i sincerely hope that wont be the case lol...

think about what you mod...

- political, religious, society and military topics allowed

- try to include humor

- try not to be too serious about serious matters like tits, fascists, scots and the forced anal intrusion of edged objects from alien lifeforms... if somin gets too serious people complain and someone needs to get shot... and i tell you it wont be me... thats for sure lol

users agree not to alter the general place in a way that would hinder other users

-that inlcudes, quests, objects, buildings and all the other things that could influence your fellow modders in a bounding way and not extend their possibilities

you agree on the principles of anarchy... do what you want but keep the place intact so it could exist on for ever if everyone would do the same as you... thats also known as "kant's categorical imperative"... read it up... youll be asked a question to check if you read it up on application

you label your mods compatible with this place with COM for Commonwealth Of Modders (can still be discussed) at the start of your mods name and in capital letters - followed by your name and then the modname, version - example: COM Jaysus Slap Happy banana Baton V1

this makes it easy to find, order and play around with the mods

you link to the COM main mod on your descrition page and in turn the COM will link to yours or depending on amount to a forum list of all compatible mods

=====================

so i hope you all understood me and if you dont understand somin just ask...

time for you to come up with ideas and sign up :)

oh obviously i cant possible include 100 modders or so... just a few select really good ones... but apply nevertheless... maybe well open buisiness all around the wasteland if people are showing acceptance and the rubel starts rollin

=========================

UTTERLY NEEDED:

weed plant model

speedboat model

joint, bong bud, bag and bud model

baseball card model of babe ruth if possible from the metallic collectors edition 100yrs yankees... (sry mine are still sealed :P)

a parrot model- if possible rigged and skinned

cocktail glass model

a surfboard model

pin up posters

a gecko model nailed to a cross and other paraphenalia of theologist background surrounding the great gecko...

navmesh experts knowledge (skill lvl 75+)

script average or better knowledge (skill lvl 50+++)

quest writer and creator

needed later:

voices

else:

anything you can think of fits onto a pirate jedi mutinee trader island on the high seas of post apocalyptic Chagos

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... snip ...

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'm definitely going to make my own item merchant once the GECK is out provided I can get my custom item production running with new meshes and whatnot. At least I think it beats using the console and it is more interesting for other players to find the items on merchants or caravans rather than "cheating" to get them.

geck is out... time to come up with ideas so i can start creating the buildings...

i thought of somin like a tower made out of an abundance of single buildings... scraped together...

named XNAMEX Caravanserei --- needs a catchy name

a huge gateway

some kind of defense perimeter with walls, self shooting gattlings and such

so basicly like a lil fort with a building thing in the middle, if possible connected to a rock/hill/mountain for possible underground extension

OR all this aside

a submarine... with some small buildings scattered around and on it

somin like a big russian sub or an old german one...

comments plz...

so started making some clutter... dunno tho if i can export collisions for them yet

the camel will be somin like the collossus of the gateway and get a tex similiar to the paradise falls ice cream dude...

the submarine is some us type of ww2 afaik and will use interiors of rivet city...

need more input now!