[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

@psycko sama

one of the last comments at the file page has a link to a file to make both mods compatible

sry but i dont remember the link atm...

@feltorn

look...

1. freeposters.com is just a spyware search page

2. just cause the pics are free to look at on some internet pages doesnt mean theyre free of any copyrights and can be redistributed

3. most of the posters carry the artists name and are his property even if hes dead, prolly their wives got the rights now...

4. you said you knew some artists who could come up with such stuff, i actually thought some of these posters were from them

5. it is highly unlikely that well get in trouble for using them but its nevertheless unmoralic

i just dont wanna risk a mod removal due to somin like that

plz find somin that verifies these posters are really copyright free or they cant be used

yes i know like im nitpicking right now but im just not the person to use other peoples work as my own and neither do i promote such behavior by featuring it in my mods

and no i cant chill atm... got no weed :P

----------------

checked it a bit further and there are some artworks for example by Gillette Elvgren (your hula girl is one of his for example) which have come to be public domian... yet these are still owned by Brown and Bigelow which still need to give permission if we intend to publicly use em... atleast if i understand your us copyright laws correctly lol...

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look...

1. freeposters.com is just a spyware search page

2. just cause the pics are free to look at on some internet pages doesnt mean theyre free of any copyrights and can be redistributed

3. most of the posters carry the artists name and are his property even if hes dead, prolly their wives got the rights now...

4. you said you knew some artists who could come up with such stuff, i actually thought some of these posters were from them

5. it is highly unlikely that well get in trouble for using them but its nevertheless unmoralic

i just dont wanna risk a mod removal due to somin like that

plz find somin that verifies these posters are really copyright free or they cant be used

yes i know like im nitpicking right now but im just not the person to use other peoples work as my own and neither do i promote such behavior by featuring it in my mods

and no i cant chill atm... got no weed

I do have friends who are good artist, yes, but they do not make 50's styled posters, I can get them to try but I doubt the results will be what you wanted :/

And since when where we claiming this as our own work?

Look, no ones going to object if you have a few little decals in it, I've seen mods on ModDB and stuff that use all sorts of things; Coca-cola, Pepsi, iPods, PSPs, you name it. Big brand names everywhere, decals, on vending mechines etc...

The reason no one cares is because these are non-profit mods, we dont get any money for them so the people who made the posters (if they are still alive) arn't loosing anything by it.

And its not like I even could ask permission, most of the artists are either a) dead, b) not on the internet. or c) poeple who wont reply even if I ask

If they say they will remove your mod because of those posters then just get rid of the posters, simple. And trust me, no one will care that you use them!

Use em or not, it doesnt matter, up to you.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on my char's story? needs changing? doesnt fit? or is it good enough and all.

as far as i understood it adds a new worldmap in your pip boy so we could place the compass marker somewhere in the pacific instead of in the potomac... id rather like to put that map in our mod nevertheless as its unlikely to ever change...