[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im back in action :P

nearly lost my head on my last trip... ropes are dangerous!!! my tip: always watch security lines while climbing or roping!

anyway here are the updates:

all addons apart from malos included (still need to discuss the body dependencies for that)

finished quest 1! :

small outpost around the rivet city boat occupied by Artu Ditu and some soldiers of the DON army

bring him parts or just repair the boat (depends on your repair skill)

full voice acting (tho kinda silent... need to push the volume)

working on the 2nd island still...

atm: finishing the DON outpost

next: making models for djungle huts and the native settlement

what to do with those modders that never supplied addons? kick em? get rid of em by quest? let em be as generic merchants?

planned: include all new items in places of sense, create DON recon patrols in the wasteland, make quests for the occupation of Cry's isLand, create the natives, get the gecko religion included somehow, rework the submarine model, open up the second submarine level for generic inhabitants

help wanted:

models of all kinds mainly djungle huts atm

questwriter and programmer, i need em ready for esp merge

clutter of all kind

people whod like to make addons

some screenies of Cry's Isand for your enjoyment

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3271/18823571.jpg

shown are the native settlement as it is now and the DON beachhead

added since last post: oasis robes remade without the sticks for those natives, a beachhut (needs a slight modification still)

so its progressing swiftly...

main quest is half way done but has no voiceacting so far - lip file creation seems utterly broken

main quest layout:

a don colonel has gone renegade and allied with the natives, your job is to place a target marker so that the SMS Asgard can launch a nuke on his hideout and make sure hes dead...

option to turn on the DONs instead is still in progress but basicly ready...

here are some screens:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8879/97133598.jpg

Commander Kilfogore, DON field commander

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8850/46723059.jpg

Colonel Gurds, the renegade supersoldier

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6594/37116515.jpg

oh look a starlite!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7681/95692176.jpg

not only the stars shine tonight aka only a dead renegade is a good renegade, and we better make sure hes dead!

________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome <- Jaysus, But I Had this in my mind:

AHH DAMN GECK!! (and a loud one)

This is nearly the 500th hundred time I Crashed to desktop with the GECK, Every time another problem happens!! but makes me laugh every time... he he he he.

I Just crashed again right now,

Any sort of Solution to this problem? (i.e When I Add a Helmet to the Char in the face gen it crashes, when I Stay too long in the presistent refrences section it crashes, when I Scale a NPC Above 2.5 it crashes, When I Add a Talkable Creature It crashes... woof, I'm tired of writing lol)

________________________________________________________________________________

My Radio mod is 50% Done, But I Still need more FREE Music, I Only have 6 of them Right now and They're all Jazz (Mind you I Had a Change of plans), But I'm filled With persian music though...->

================================================================================

Jaysus, I Just had Question from you and the whole Modding team,

*Does persian music fit the lore of your mod?

*Did (All of You Dear modders, Wash, Malo, Brurpo, Jaysus and Growlf) have a chance to listen to persian Music and Did you like it at all? If you hadn't What is your perspective on it? (Good, Bad, Ugly? lol)

*Should I Add Quests?

The base of the mod is Done But the Particles are Remaining.

cheers.

Current Mod

The "We Funk" Radio Station

Progress:

Scripting: |||||||||| (10% Done)

Voice Acting: |||||||||| (0% Done)

Level Building: |||||||||| (80% Done)

Quest Design: |||||||||| (0% Done)

NOTE:

Jaysus, this is My updating Post so keep track of it as I Will update it Eventually. I'll make this post once.

well i didint hear from the bunch in a long time anyway... so basicly its not up to them if they like it... i personally like persian style music as long as it aint that nasty cheap wannabe pop crap...

anyway i found the reason why i couldnt convert the radio station to a master file and therefore can incooperate it now

i will probably make the basic radio station myself using music similiar to galaxy news, i think that persian music would fit the natives very well... id like to get my hand on some guitar and drum playing animations so we could just add a whole band playing there... thatd be awesome :)

You know something, in all the games I haved played, ( World in conflict, Supreme Commander, Rise of Nations, Command And Conquer ** Including Red Alert**, Crysis )

and other game out there with Nukes. I haven't seen any realistic Nuclear Explosion. Like No Crater when it explodes, No Rads ( Just FO3 ), Not even the HUGE shock wave that hits everything inculding Trees in a Huge Radius and takes trees, houses and other things Down. No people Calcinated by the HUGE Thermal Wave.

Well Fallout 3 has the Crater,Rads and Calcinated persons ( well just Ghoulified **Moira** :biggrin: ). But I mean Dynamic, Realtime Nuclear Blast!

:thanks: For your Time Reading This Pointless Post :thanks:

hey guys big problem:

the mod size has reached 500mb yet -.-

but since my internet connection is far away from stable and only has 17kb upload im kinda stuck... i just cant keep it running half a day for the upload lol... any ideas?