[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

we have that hut on the hilltop which is basicly the radio shack... i had at some point even created a radio station but didnt relize why it didnt convert to an esm correctly (which i now do) and bandoned it...

you wouldnt replace anything... i mean you can of course if somin is wrong with the place but you basicly would just need to put a talking activator and the soundfiles in aswell as the radio quest thing...

one possibility would be that you just create it as an addon and only change the cell of that radio shack - this would work right away even with the version out yet and could be used for the next released aswell... i could also try to put your addon into the main esm once your done... thats your choice, but i need word if you do it rather quick (a few days up to a week) otherwise ill make the station myself

thx again

i have a gig tonight, but tomorrow, monday, tuesday, and wednesday i'm off, so... i can totally put something together before then. So what i'll do is make a plugin for your esm, and you can combine it for whatever the next release is.

i need details though about what type of music, as an independent music producer i have a lot of bands that are local and regional that would allow a Creative commons usage of their material (free in other words), but there is lots of different types of music, so let me know what you want. Also, as far as the DJ, i know a few voice actors in my area who have theater and drama experience, so let me know what type of personality they should have, as well as any conditional responses you'd like to have, or even advertisements for the stores.

once i get the station done i'd like to make a store, but i'll definitley get the station done first.

get back with me.

--=crow

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds promising :)

always nice to see people who make music :) my old band once played on the bizarre festival but well that was loooong ago lol and i lost most ties with the industry by now

good luck with the gig! may i ask what kind of music you make? or are you a dj?

@type of music

i first thought about using django reinhardt mostly with some spicy misissipi john hurt but since you seem to have access to other stuff... im open to anything... maybe some funk, dunno... as i said im open to anything, if you like use it for promotional purpose even and add a mixery of your best musicians ;)

adding some ads for the shops would be splendid too... i dunno tho what could be advertised atm lol...

btw the mod could also need some "normal" music to go with it... im using monkey island tunes atm for testing purpose but cant release it this way due to licence problems, some steelbrass music stuff would fit the tropical feeling i guess... that background music should be onyl instrumental tho

regarding talented voice actors: yup needed!

the DJ can be anything i dont have made up a special characterization of him/her yet... id say let the voice actor decide and have fun instead of just doing somin predefined...

the npcs on the other hand have some character yet,

juliana the bimbo gal,

red carp the rough and seasoned sailor,

carlos the bored bouncer

sha the immigrant from arabia - hes a merchant, aged, clever with money

the dude - thats the dj atm but i let that to you to decide

Mrs. Kant - studied secretary/office gal with a sexy and seducing side

simona - the frightened slave gal

and of course the 4 merchants vash (about to die so dont bother), brurpo a latin armsdealer, kimberley the modest girly clothing creator (well kalten aka malo prolly has a better idea for her lol) and growlf the hyper active sex driven clothing merchant

done are:

colonel gurds - a renegade colonel of the DON army - as close as possible to colonel kurtz from apokalypse now (the horror... the horror!...)

commander killfogore - a representation of commander killgore from the same movie (i like the smell of napalm in the morning, charlie dont surf,..)

ArtuDitu - the Geek mechanic who repairs the red speed boat (beepbeepbipbeep)

Hatchet - a young native who guards the native camp (no real characterization yet)

Le Shugg - think of Le Chuck from monkey island - a mad and very evil undead pirate who guards the Big Whoop treasure

new are:

buddha - a slow speaking but very wise old man who speaks in riddles

The Dark One - an honorable and glory seeking superhero - young and proud, active... over active...

some more are planned but i guess you could spend some weeks with those guys yet ;) just pick whoever youd like to do and think of somin... if you made a descicion just tell me and i send you the texts or if there is none yet we can come up with somin if you dont know what they could say...

some general talk about how nice the place is and that theyre happy not to be in the bloody wasteland anymore would fit any of these characters imo

heck they could even tell a story of their own if you have a story you want to share... i mean as i said they dont have dialogue yet mostly cause i didnt bother so far... thus we need to come up with somin :P

just do the best you can or want and tell me about the progress, im here :)

i could also send you the blank mod so you can test out the quests but i cant put in all the new meshes due to the sheer size of it... youd end up with some red excalamtion marks therefore but could get a feel for whats done yet... interested?

well, i'll start with the DJ, the Radio, and Red Carp.

i have a dude in mind for red carp, he did the voices on my joeys surplus mod. He's got a lot of different character types, mostly impressions of adult swim characters though.

@music

tonight i'm playing with an 80's and 90's cover band, just started playing with them, i usually gig with a varitey rock band.

i got some original jazz and stuff that will work good for this mod, and there is a treasure trove of public domain that could be used.

just woke up from a nap, about to get ready for the show. i'll probably start working on it tonight, so if you have any specific dialog in mind for red carp let me know, otherwise i'll just go off whats in his dialog already and/or let the voice actor interpret him.

CROW :whistling:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3726/aa1o.jpg

thats red carps dialogue so far but he could obviously need a bit more in regards to chit chat about this and that...

(sorry for the pic was too lazy to type it all lol)

80s and 90s cover band? erm i better say nothing :P

jazz sounds good tho... rock: depends i think

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=118349

thats a thread about the newest COMM addition: Heroes of the Wastes - nexus moderators on a troll hunting mission... its what i am mainly working on atm in regards to this mod

say what you want, i make money and all i do is play music and video games for a living, who the hell could ask for more. It would really suck if i hated the guys i played with, but they are all super cool guys.

ok i have a question about the captains dialog, the dialog you posted looks quest oriented, are there any normal dialog lines that are not quest related? i guess it doesn't matter.

i'll just open up the file and look in there and add the dialog, if there is quest dialog i'll assume that there are conditional assignements to those dialog options and i'lll just let the voice actor feel his way into the character as far as simple interaction.

http://www.myspace.com/opticaljesusfragments

thats a link to some of my jazz. meh.... i'm talking to much, i'll just do the damn thang :cool:

ok so here's what i've got for the radio station as far as music goes.

the 3 peppers- if i had my way

Boots and his buddies- The Sad

Clarence Williams- Coal Cart Blues

James Scott- Climax Rag

Django Reinhardt- Minor Swing

Duke Ellington- Truckin

Frankie Trumbaer- The riverboat shuffle

Joe Sullivan- oh, lady be good

Original Dixieland Jass Band- Tiger Rag

all these tunes are dated from before 1937, so there should be no unfair use as per my copyright knowledge.

i'll try to see if i can use ogg extensions to keep the file size down, if i can, i will add more, but for now, that's the playlist.

ok?

say what you want, i make money and all i do is play music and video games for a living, who the hell could ask for more. It would really suck if i hated the guys i played with, but they are all super cool guys.

mmh? hey its cool lol... im mabye a bit jealous but that it :P

--------

the dialogue is dependant on the "renegade commander" quest which is not in the released version so far...

the npcs dont have any general chatter yet

--------

the playlist looks good :) i like that kind of stuff...

--------

the jazz sounds quite fitting for the place too... (the link is broken tho)

maybe a bit too slow, i dunno...

--------

as to ogg, i think fallout doenst like that... radio stations must be wav and background music mp3... but i can convert them if the need arises... (maybe ogg even works but im totally unsure about that, never tried)

oh one thing... can we exchange "clarence lewis - cole cart blues" with "clarence lewis - you rascal you" ?

fits better to the fallout theme imo ;)

i'll try to find it, i know i have django's version. i know the ogg thing can be done cuz trynfkwtme did it with tech rev.

i'll just try and if it doesn't work, i'll just use wav's.

has anyone made the speedboat model yet ? I need a new 3d modeling project since i'm a newbie modeler of 2 weeks but the speedboat seems really easy to make as iv'e made a gun already and could do with something different to expand my experience in modeling