[WIP] Commonwealth of Modders

jaysus

wee... me too :P

rebuild the playerhome... screens and info later

monkey island was THE adventure game...

anyway music: space/tranquil/lounge/carribean/surf/ambient ---- somin along those lines is what is needed for more radio stations (i suggest we keep em as addons tho due to filesize... only have 1xdsl) and background music

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway music: space/tranquil/lounge/carribean/surf/ambient ---- somin along those lines is what is needed for more radio stations (i suggest we keep em as addons tho due to filesize... only have 1xdsl) and background music

i wasn't talking about doing another radio station, talking about putting world music in comm, and the comm interiors.

ok, one more question, do you want the world music as an add_on, or should i put it with my store .esp? i would assume you'd want it separate but i'm just askin.

just the music files would be enough...

-----------------------

update:

i spent my weekend spooking through the playerhome and recreating it completely in the end...

here are some screenshots:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4721/dddksu.jpg

i think it fits the submarine theme much better now...

including (so far):

bobbleheadstand

2 trashcans

1 spare bedroom for guests or the optional scientist

1 scientist (can heal so far)

gun locker which displays vanilla rifles and pistols in displaystands around your home according to its content

baby mirlurk aquarium

outside mirlurk hatchery with mirlurk trainer

outside big ass mirlurk - needs quest from mirlurk seeds to big ass companion mirlurk with mounted laser rifles

just the music files would be enough...

-----------------------

update:

i spent my weekend spooking through the playerhome and recreating it completely in the end...

here are some screenshots:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4721/dddksu.jpg

i think it fits the submarine theme much better now...

including (so far):

bobbleheadstand

2 trashcans

1 spare bedroom for guests or the optional scientist

1 scientist (can heal so far)

gun locker which displays vanilla rifles and pistols in displaystands around your home according to its content

baby mirlurk aquarium

outside mirlurk hatchery with mirlurk trainer

outside big ass mirlurk - needs quest from mirlurk seeds to big ass companion mirlurk with mounted laser rifles

Awesome, do you need a questmaker? if no one wants to do it i will. Only thing is i don't know how to program a follower. So you'd have to do that last part. Mounted Lasers on a giant mirelurk is awesome!!!!! It all looks super great man!

im working on the companion now... i hope i can make it modable so one can add new companions with ease unlike the vanilla companion system which resrtricts it to certain npcs

difficulty = 5

i also still need to create the mounted laser for the mirlurk... and make it so that he fires a laser out of it...

difficulty = 7

as to the quest, id love it if you could do that, ...BUT... i doubt its even possible without that new playerhome and all its references and so on the quest needs to use... BUT... you can try to think of a basic quest layout i just need to type into the engine then....

basic idea of me:

you find/buy some mirlurk spawnlings (or whatever those baby mirlurks would be called) (where?from whom?)

add them to the aquarium

feed em (mirlurk spawnling food)

let em grow

once they reach some size you put em outdoors into that underwater pen...

you can drop a cow/slave or carrots for them to eat (must have a cow on COMM, must have bought a slave (from whom?) must have bought carrots)

2 mirlurk kings eventually emerge and fight for supremacy

1 survives and becomes the king

you can train him with the trainer (what kind of packages? follow? use? etc)

once hes sufficently trained you can turn him into a companion

mostly done by computer terminals and activator switches...

companion system built and ready for action :) (so far the scientist in your home is one)

features:

combat style: melee, ranged

itemshare

wait: close, relaxed (using the environment and also wandering abit)

follow

companion system built and ready for action :) (so far the scientist in your home is one)

features:

combat style: melee, ranged

itemshare

wait: close, relaxed (using the environment and also wandering abit)

follow

i think i could manage to set up some of that quest.

things i'm not confident about, changing the size of the mirelurks, mirelurk king fight. as for the followers, what are the key commands you use for them, i.e. setting up their scripts and such.

been trying to figure out how to make followers for a while, don't want to use SCC.

you can use my basic setup for any of your mods of course ;) just need to attach the script to the follower and put him in the right faction...

but on how to do it... well... that confusing lol...

changing size:

actorREF.setscale 1

(sets actor scale to 1)

mirlurk king fight: 2 factions - one hates the other //

removefromfaction mirlurkking1faction

-

addtofaction mirlurkking2faction

companion stuff:

follow: follow package

wait: sandbox package with a low distance

combat style:

setcombatstyle blub

(combatstyles are items like perks)

conditions:

i use token items which dont have a model and are generally pointless and are also no visible to the player (for example an armor without any associated body part aswell as 0 ar and not flagged as "playable")

if getitemcount companionfollowToken <= 1
addpackage companionfollowpackage
removepackage companionwaitpackage
additem companionfollowtoken 1

where you put each condition and functon is your choice i used em partly in an object script running on the npc and partially in the quest

youll also need to add some "valualizers" like "evp" (evaluate script package) and the moveto command if the npcs is in another cell than you...

i used evp after every package removal but before a package add in the questTopicResult scripts

moveto is used in the npc script

kinda complicated really lol