Whats the mod limit untill Skyrim starts to bug out?

diminishedtob

It really depends on the mods, how well they're made, and what exactly they do. The technical limit is 254 now I believe. You can not have any more than that.

However, depending on how good your load order is; you could put in as little as 5 (Or even 1) mod and it could destroy your game. Or, with careful precision and a meticulous eye, you could get well over 100 mods working. So it really depends on the mods you plan on using. Fewer more demanding ones, or more less demanding ones.

Edited by AlexanderJVelicky

255 is the mod limit, including esm's. 320 including BSA's and you'll start having problems with NMM and Wrye Bash. Other than that the poster above me is right, it depends on your computer, your skill and experience installing mods and the mods you decide to install.

I got up to 320 :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

When you guys say there is a 256 limit of mods do you mean mods themselves or the plugins they create? I have 279 mods in the right pane of MO and 156 plugins in the left pane.

thanks

The right hand panel should be under 255 -> that Skyrim + 253 Registered Plugins

Replacers don't count, nor do SKSE plugins.

I found Skyrim work best with under 100 registered esm/esp plugins, do you really use all those mods?

Think about it.