Body of mages is invisible.

GunnerofLife

Have you tried removing your ArchiveInvalidation.txt file from your Oblivion root? If that works, then you can regenerate it using OBMM.

Wut. I usually use OBMM to ArchiveInvalidate. I use the button.

That's how you generate it, but I'm fairly sure that what that button does is create a text file called ArchiveInvalidation.txt and places it in path to oblivion\Oblivion. If you rename it to ArchiveInvalidation.bak, Oblivion won't have anything to tell it what's invalid. Then you load up the game, check if the robes are working, and then go back to OBMM and remake the file so it will work with your other texture packs. I attached my settings.

You're talking about the ArchiveInvalidation.txt file found in the C: Games/Oblivion folder, right? If so, I renamed the file "ArchiveInvalidation.bak, like you said. I went into the game and the problem still occurs.

Yeah, that's it. The next step I have is extreme. Backup your games/Oblivion folder somewhere and backup your My documents\my games\Oblivion folder somewhere. Reinstall the game.

Grab one of your save files from your backup of my documents\my games\Oblivion\Saves. Drop that and any .obse files for it into the new folder of my documents\my games\Saves

If what you're missing is from the normal vanilla install, if you load up one of your saves, you should see the robes as well as a bunch of purple stuff from your now missing textures.

If it's not from the normal vanilla game, the robes will still be missing.

If they are there, then you have two choices.

Option 1 (risky but if it works, it may save time).

1. You can paste the backup of your Oblivion\Data folder into the new install, and allow it to overwrite anything it wants except for clothing.

2. Grab anything from your backup that is at the Oblivion root that came from a mod you installed. This will be obse and any other .dll files you added.

3. Then you will also need to paste the backup of your my documents\my games\Oblivion into the same folder specifically, you'll want your .ini file and your Saves folder.

Option 2 (safer)

2. The other way is to reinstall your mods one by one. This is the safer option. Use your backups to check your settings for each one. Start your save after each one and make sure your robes haven't vanished again.

If they aren't there, then you'll need to wrack your brain and figure out what you've tried in the past that might have messed with your clothing settings. You'll still have to re-install your mods.

You're talking about the ArchiveInvalidation.txt file found in the C: Games/Oblivion folder, right? If so, I renamed the file "ArchiveInvalidation.bak, like you said. I went into the game and the problem still occurs.

Yeah, that's it. The next step I have is extreme. Backup your games/Oblivion folder somewhere and backup your My documents\my games\Oblivion folder somewhere. Reinstall the game.

Grab one of your save files from your backup of my documents\my games\Oblivion\Saves. Drop that and any .obse files for it into the new folder of my documents\my games\Saves

If what you're missing is from the normal vanilla install, if you load up one of your saves, you should see the robes as well as a bunch of purple stuff from your now missing textures.

If it's not from the normal vanilla game, the robes will still be missing.

If they are there, then you have two choices.

Option 1 (risky but if it works, it may save time).

1. You can paste the backup of your Oblivion\Data folder into the new install, and allow it to overwrite anything it wants except for clothing.

2. Grab anything from your backup that is at the Oblivion root that came from a mod you installed. This will be obse and any other .dll files you added.

3. Then you will also need to paste the backup of your my documents\my games\Oblivion into the same folder specifically, you'll want your .ini file and your Saves folder.

Option 2 (safer)

2. The other way is to reinstall your mods one by one. This is the safer option. Use your backups to check your settings for each one. Start your save after each one and make sure your robes haven't vanished again.

If they aren't there, then you'll need to wrack your brain and figure out what you've tried in the past that might have messed with your clothing settings. You'll still have to re-install your mods.

I stopped at reinstalling the game. :wallbash:

Will this work? I don't want to go through all this hassle...again. :sweat: