A multipart suggestion, a new race and some race modding [spoilers]

Midicow

Just seeing if I can interest someone to do this..

Suggestion is in 3 parts,

first is the actual new race request..

second is how you might be able to stick it into the current main quest/etc without killing the story TOO MUCH.

third is something for all races.

1. The race, some sort of variant of this drawing http://ununununium.deviantart.com/art/raptor-24678259

Saw it a while back and just popped back into my head, and as such I torture you with my idea.

It will require modeling, texturing, new skeleton and animation, child version.. not to mention an alternate version of almost every armor in the game hehe..

Imagine getting a power armor on there somehow.. the feet would probably stick out or be covered in wraps, some sort of half-helm for the helmet, etc..

But anyways you get the gist..

2. Now how do I expect anyone to believe this as RP?

Well to get down to brass tacks, no its not very rp..

But I can make excuses like everybody else. -> here's a try:

Lets say pre-war there was a breakthrough in archeology and they managed to somehow find the remains of an actual Vraptor in ice or such.. and with their oddball 1950's jules-verne technology they managed to remake the dna sequence of it and make a living variant.. but as we all know Vraptors were probably birdbrained scavengers that moved in a pack and were about the size of a small dog.

Later on, after the war.. perhaps the enclave or commonwealth found DNA and experimented with it on Deathclaws, producing a sentient human/vraptor/deathclaw hybrid thing.. They escape and proliferate like the rest of the human race, after a while the people of the wasteland sorta accept that they exist.

--- But that's just a backstory, making the game make sense as you play it is key, this is HOW you do it:

Before the "Born" sequence is played, you get a popup that says "Vraptor" or "Normal"...

If you pick vraptor, instead of a birthing room perhaps you're in some sort of sudo-hatchery, "dad" is a Vrap and maybe even your "mom" for once..

Modulate their voices a little and you can use the same voice files and sequence.. maybe have the nurse still there and human.

Now as to your mom tragically dying.. if you were lazy you could just have her keil over from some disease.. or you could have somebody like raiders or the enclave or something bust in a shooting, nurse grabs you and runs..

Flash up, normal Vault childhood sequence.. etc.

Most of the dialogue and voice files, quests, encounters.. etc will make sense still, strangely enough.

The scary part is now that I think about it.. some of the dialogue will actually make MORE sense.

3. Part three effects everything in general..

It involves not only dispersing these raptors around among the populace but general encounter changes..

If you could somehow add a little voice modulation to any npc that had their race set to vrap.. all you would have to do is replace some of the unique chars and have a script to randomly replace the race of raiders, mercs, and some misc npcs you meet with ghoul/vrap/etc.

Ghoul raiders, heh wonder why they never did this..

One thing you could do if you were worried about immersion to a high degree would be to change some dialogue to reflect their existence, and maybe have a few computer terminals around the game world mention them.

Also here is a color version done by the same artist..

http://ununununium.deviantart.com/art/guardian-26751925

</selfbump>

lol, ordinarily i would not have much inspiration to draw such a species, but as i only posted my artwork online for the first time like an hour ago and you were the first person to comment it, not only that, but with kind words....i'll do it for you.

I was in a very self concious and vulnerable place, and you gave me confidence, and a smile :)

RAH!!!, it should be posted in the next few days, as i cant really be *banned* to draw anything this minute, its like 12:40 and i kinda wanna go to bed.

Archived