ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Equip-able underwear?

Example

Is there a mod out there that makes underwear something every NPC wears, but it's also possible to loot it off them when they're dead?

I just think it's a little immersion-breaking that either no one wears underwear or it's magically glued to their skin..

Some variety in undergarments would be cool too, color and material-wise. Bandits wear leather or wool(itchy;p) and aristocrats and citizens might wear silk and linen etc. etc.

Is this even possible? I don't know anything about how modding works, though I assume clipping would be an issue? Nipples clipping through bras and "willies" clipping through loincloth and whatnot?

It would be cool to see something like this, but then again, is it even possible?

I'm not sure how this person managed to do it, but is this what you're looking for?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23817

If the comments are accurate, it's hard to install, but it should make the player and all NPCs have removable underwear when you take off their clothes. It doesn't precisely say that in the description, but that's what I gathered between the comments and description.

I'm not sure how this person managed to do it, but is this what you're looking for?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23817

If the comments are accurate, it's hard to install, but it should make the player and all NPCs have removable underwear when you take off their clothes. It doesn't precisely say that in the description, but that's what I gathered between the comments and description.

This one looks good to me. Installation wasn't exactly difficult once I found out why Wrye didn't work for me.

I am, however, having some issues with me being the only person carrying underwear with me. All other NPCs don't have any.

I explain my problem in greater detail in the comments. ;)

Awesome find though. If I can get this to work it might just be my favorite mod ^^

As for the bras and stocking mods suggested by J3X, they look ok, but as far as I can tell there's no way to have them be "auto-equip" for NPCs.

Most importantly, nylon in Skyrim is just silly.

EDIT: Problem solved! The mod author forgot to change something back after testing, but it's all working fine and dandy now after I did as he told!

All I need now is a seamless not-pretty-mannequin-doll-looking face skin for men that is compatible with Better Males. :)

Here's the solution just in case:

So I did as you told us not to and installed the mod using Nexus Mod Manager since Wrye Bash gives me an error when I start it.

I did, of course, grab the stuff I needed and put it into a .7z file with the correct structure and the mod works for player characters, when I un-equip my armor I automatically put my loincloth on when I exit the inventory screen.

However, NPCs do not carry underwear with them, I'm wondering if this is because I'm not using Wrye or if there might be some incompatibility with my other mods? If you think it might be the latter, I'll be sure to respond with my load order.

EDIT: Alright, so I got Wrye working, I had to change my region format to English, that was all.

NPCs are still not carrying undergarments with them though.

Even when I used the installer.

I forgot to reset the global variable responsible for adding underwear to NPCs. :facepalm:

I turned it off for testing and forgot to turn it back on again. You can fix this yourself by opening the console and typing "set UUItemMode to 1" without the quotes.

Regarding NMM: So long as you set the packages up correctly and manually correct the file structure then its fine. I discourage NMM use because I dont want to maintain two install scripts while there is still a chance that i will need to make major changes to the file structure.

Edited by Example

• 3 years later...