CS crashes when creating dialog

lunasprite13

I really need some help. I am making a mod in which I can buy a usable pack donkey (yes, I know there already is one... I want my own), but I cannot get the dialog to work. I can get as far as making a new topic, but when I try to make a response, the CS crashes every single time. When I select "New" when right-clicking in the info box, the Construction Set instantly crashes. I don't know what to do, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have the getisplayablerace check set to 1, so that's not it. I'm really majorly frusterated with this, as I need to make dialog for another mod as well, but get the same disasterous result. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know as soon as possible.

Luna

I'm guessing you have RealTek audio card on Windows Vista or 7. It's a known issue. Plug a microphone (or earphones) into the jack, and it should solve your problem. Alternatively, use the Construction Set Extender.

I should have mentioned it in my initial post, but make sure you have the CS closed before you plug in the microphone/headphones. Only open the CS after it's plugged in, else it will still crash.

Thank you so much!! Works like a charm. You're a life saver, or at least the saver of my sanity. :)

Cool. 'Have pack donkey, will travel'. :biggrin: