Creature not carrying out it's Faction or script orders to attack player.

Nagasekofmi2

Yes. I have done the dialogue ahead of time, well text form of course since I do not have Moira Brown with me to record these new lines :cool: Yes I'm on to testing. Had to reset the geck because my pc went into idle mode and activated the screen saver. That is not good for the geck. When that happens the geck goes nuts and deletes most models from the window and leaves quite a nasty little amalgam of pixels on screen. Reloading or closing the window does not help so I have to close the geck and reopen it. This is a small task so I have yet to dig in your present. I'm sure I can get the object part to work easily by swapping with references. Think of your present as an emergency serious stuck up on me and it being like a virtual version of you to help me. Sorry i haven't actually open them (I mean i downloaded them and extracted them just haven't opened them in the geck to see) But I will, I'm not getting rid of them at all. I'll keep them because eventually they will serve me well. I'll have to log off soon now and turn off the pc so i won't finish this in time. hopefully tomorrow I don't work so i can full tackle it with concentration. Take care Purr. Hey your name is Kitty Black right? I keep calling you Purr :laugh: I'll call you Kitty from now on. :cool:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yeah it does that. Sleep. It's a day of "REALLY ? "

My Real Name IS Kitty Black yes.

you really don't want to load the remastered mod into the GECK. It requires all the assets to be extracted and that will only cause confusion.

Just use fo3edit to compare things. It's just for references..

I'll take that note yes. Glad I haven't done that mistake. I managed to finish all today. All geck work is done now it's the game part to test that modified quest. I'll let you know how it goes but I need to sleep it's late for me. Goodnight Kitty.

Preliminary testing. The references to enable and disable the MS03 versions work like a charm as do the addition of the cut image notes (mirelurk spawning pod, carousel in minefield and arlington library pictures) The quest resolves as normal if you choose that option and continues to print the book if you choose the other. Minor bugs that arose because I was working on this at 1am: The choice that adds the additional dialogue after you select to help her print the books shows up in a funny way as the name of the dialogue haha because I was busy on the other parts of the quest so it shows as "MS03PrintingRequestAccepted" Minor hilarious oversight easily fixed. The other is I need to move the enable disable reference into the dialogue tab after you print the books or it'll pop the vanilla references right in front of the player. No problem there again but simply a hilarious pop into existence visual oversight. Again easily fixed either by that or simply by a trigger when you are about to leave the hubris comics printing floor. The other minor problem is that the printed books appear as aid items because that's how they are programmed to be I just used the asset. Might look into putting them and reworking them into an actual misc item but then it would be a new item and not re adding cut content so it would defeat the very purpose I'm striving for to add as much of the cut content as possible. Minor bug again so I would not really be bothered by it. It still is a quest item so you won't "consume" it or "drop" it. The biggest bug is that Moira's next dialogue did not appear to complete the quest via that way. Likely because I had already given up to sleep as it was 2:00am+ already and forgot to code in the condition for the dialogue to appear. All in all. It looks like it will work perfectly and i'm very excited and proud. I looked for this in the nexus and it does not seem to be a mod and found out the Simply Uncut mod does not add this either. Am I really the only modder currently bringing cut content to life no one has yet? That just can't be, surely someone out there restored the survival guide quest back to how it was during development. I doubt i'm the one making milestones but who know. I'll be working on this after I post this Kitty. We are gonna do this!

Update: All seems to work perfect except the dialogue to complete the quest does not appear with Moira no matter what I do. Only that to fix and the quest is full finished. But I can't get the blasted option to appear at all!

Update 2: I decided to mess with Moira's topics and found out duplicating an existing topic does make it appear however this is not the right way to do this part of the quest so I decided to clone it and change it's conditions to appear when it is actually needing. I hope this works, it's the only way I have see Moira to pop in a new dialogue after you print the books, which is odd since the other dialogue to help print them did appear normally tho they were a branched option that already existed but was blank of course alluring to the change in the quest to omit the book printing. Maybe that's why the branched option appeared in the first place as the pre dialogue already was there. But the follow up now after you print the books refused to appear until i cloned one of the topics. Going to test it since it's the only way I have gotten extra dialogue to spawn from here. True to it Moira and her quest are quite the troublemakers both to do in game as well as to tinker with them programming wise. I hope all the changes I did do work. It's pretty amateur and rough but hey I love to find easier paths to things.

Update 3: Well that didn't work. The dialogue simply won't appear. I give up.

Edited by Nagasekofmi2

Update 4: After 3 days and 15+ hours I did it! I managed to restore the wasteland survival printing quest! I said I gave up but I kept digging and actually tricked the game to process extra dialogue in a vanilla quest! And Moira's survival guide on top of it all. I have recorded the process to show it works! I'll upload to youtube and post later once they do. "they" because i forgot and posted a 10 minute record auto stop and just in the end it reached that. Don't feel like recording again because it went so smoothly. I hope you like the result Kitty!

Update 4: After 3 days and 15+ hours I did it! I managed to restore the wasteland survival printing quest! I said I gave up but I kept digging and actually tricked the game to process extra dialogue in a vanilla quest! And Moira's survival guide on top of it all. I have recorded the process to show it works! I'll upload to youtube and post later once they do. "they" because i forgot and posted a 10 minute record auto stop and just in the end it reached that. Don't feel like recording again because it went so smoothly. I hope you like the result Kitty!

To much to Quote.

Ok, the dialogs your trying to show up go into messages section linked to the scripts and dialogs.

you don't create new dialogs, if it was cut content? it goes in messages.

Just Love that green hair.

Thanks. Green is my fave color. That file is actually a pre vault 101 exit save. My other main file i showed with the spanner in hand and cherry's hair green too is the product of that file. This is for me to start the game without doing again the vault 101 stuff. But I'll have to start from scratch once I finish modding as the vault 101 will also see changes. Thanks.

Also its probably because idk how to make scripted dialogue? Like a dialogue package or something via scripts. I haven't gotten to that part and sounds like it would take long for me to learn whith my track record of self learning. I seem to like to find alternate ways to get my work to actually work. This one was such a case. if you see the mod and scout the stuff I did you probably are gonna laugh super loud and shout out; amateur-noob really loud too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Nagasekofmi2

I never laugh at those who try/ help them selves. I encourage it. Never let software beat you.

nah, the file I need as far as the saved game goes it the big one where you completed the entire game.

https://mega.nz/

I sent the mod in the conversation. The finished game (mostly minus adams air force base) has nothing really That game file was nearly completed I just stopped at that adams enclave when i started to mod so the file does not have the modification working. I got some random armor I have worked in but that was using console commands or buying them from Sophia my test merchant. Most of the modded stuff I've done is not yet in the file. only armors. I sent the mod which has all the alterations. BTw you are gonna see a lot of asterisks in areas and things I did not alter. The geck does that even if it sees I used something of that for another thing it permanently marks it as if I messed with them.

I never laugh at those who try/ help them selves. I encourage it. Never let software beat you.

nah, the file I need as far as the saved game goes it the big one where you completed the entire game.

https://mega.nz/

I sent the mod in the conversation. The finished game (mostly minus adams air force base) has nothing really That game file was nearly completed I just stopped at that adams enclave when i started to mod so the file does not have the modification working. I got some random armor I have worked in but that was using console commands or buying them from Sophia my test merchant. Most of the modded stuff I've done is not yet in the file. only armors. I sent the mod which has all the alterations. BTw you are gonna see a lot of asterisks in areas and things I did not alter. The geck does that even if it sees I used something of that for another thing it permanently marks it as if I messed with them.

Steam game or GOG game ?

No worries, I can replicate all assets

it's all in there

Edited by Purr4me