Crash to Desktop entering Irkngthand

Ezio1503

Hi,

I am new to these forums but have been playing Skyrim on PC for the last couple of weeks (always a late starter).

Having started the Blindsighted quest, I have defeated the bandits but every time I attempt to enter Irkngthand; the game crashes to desktop without warning.

I have no mods installed and have used the command console once when running out of lockpicks! My system meets the recommended spec.

There seems to be many instances of the game crashing to desktop but nothing matching this particular point of the game.

John

i don't know such a bug, but googling it i found some posts similar.

try to lower you grafic option for that part; if ctd happen anyway try in windowed mode. no assure you success, just a shot

@ Beastleh

i have more than 100 mod activated and no ctd.

If CTD happen to you could be mostly because you have a bad load order (use BOSS)

do not exceed with hd, npc addiction, Lod.. every cpu has limit, even the most powerful.

pay attention on what you put in your game and read all description

when a mod affect script, be sure you'll want it, or take a backup of your save game before... script mod, even deleted continue affecting game causing instability and bugs

i don't know such a bug, but googling it i found some posts similar.try to lower you grafic option for that part; if ctd happen anyway try in windowed mode. no assure you success, just a shot

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried windowed mode, low and medium graphics options but the same problem exists. Also raised with DxDiag at the Bethesda forums.

Until I find some form of resolution have reverted back to the Dark Brotherhood storyline.

i don't know such a bug, but googling it i found some posts similar.try to lower you grafic option for that part; if ctd happen anyway try in windowed mode. no assure you success, just a shot

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried windowed mode, low and medium graphics options but the same problem exists. Also raised with DxDiag at the Bethesda forums.

Until I find some form of resolution have reverted back to the Dark Brotherhood storyline.

After completing the quests of the Dark Brotherhood storyline I revisited Blindsighted.

On this occasion I didn't save the game prior to the entrance to the Irkngthand Arcanex and gained access. Happy to report that the Thieves Guild storyline is also completed.