Neck seams, help!

vegeta0585

I did, yes. It lead me to apachii hair, which told me how to fix a single NPC.

Thing is I use those 2 mods and Inhabitants of Skyrim NPC overhaul.

Now I used these before in a previous playthrough, I am using nothing different, and I have neckseams. Didnt last time.

edit* just followed caliente's tutorial to use the big text blend tool.....

gonna see if it worked >_<

I did, yes. It lead me to apachii hair, which told me how to fix a single NPC.

Thing is I use those 2 mods and Inhabitants of Skyrim NPC overhaul.

Now I used these before in a previous playthrough, I am using nothing different, and I have neckseams. Didnt last time.

edit* just followed caliente's tutorial to use the big text blend tool.....

gonna see if it worked >_<

If it led you to ApachiiSkyHair, then that's the dark head bug, not something TexBlend can fix.

Dark head bug - Game error. Head is several shades darker than the body. Facegen files weren't properly generated. Usually caused by editing NPCs ad not exporting the facegen files with the CK/NPCEditor. Can rarely be caused by editing an NPC with a different weight after encountering them in your save.

Neck seam - Texture error. Face/Body have the same colour/shade, but there's an obvious texture mismatch at the place where the neck meets the body.

Neck gap - Mesh error. See-through gap between body and neck. Can be caused by changing weight with the console, or using an outfit for one body mod, such as the vanilla body, with another body shape, such as CBBE.

CBBE and the neck seams is one of the reasons I went to UNP as my body mod the seam fix for UNP is much better.

Really? :D CBBE is flawless now when it comes to the neck/body transition. If you still got them after TexBlend, then there's something wrong on your end.

Yea,,,,just tried UNP and coverwoman UNP

still darker heads.

and in some male cases now im seeing LIGHTER heads.

as I said, I used the INhabitants of Skyrim mod to change a lot of NPCs, but I did this last time too and no issues.

are you saying theres no way to fix it?

I JUST started my game, I can restart if theres some way to fix this :(

note* I had all this installed from character creation, so theres no way I changed an NPC after encountering htem.

Is it possible that there is some left over meshes or textures from previous npc edits? These would also cause the dark head bug if they were not removed. And I do think I've seen males with lighter heads before but It was never in my game.

Uninstalled the inhabitants of skyrim, everyone looks fine now.... .:(

gonna try to reinstall it, I really like the mod and it worked fine before! WHY IS IT DOING THIS!?

edit *

BOSS was loading it almost at the top in the load order. Putting it at the bototm fixed it all -_-

Ah, That'll do it. Proper load order is important. I don't even use BOSS since it messed up my load order and broke a bunch of mods. Glad you got it working properly!