Just how powerful is the DragonBorn?

formalrevya

So basicaly the info is there, you chose not to believe it.

btw, Feldir did say "We shout you out!" when he banished Alduin.

Here, I'll fix it so its the the correct statement (and fix your spelling); "So basically the info is there, you choose not to believe my interpretation of it and choose to make your own interpretation because there is always more than one interpretation in a TES game."

And while did Felldir say that, that's not what happened - so your point is only evidence of what he said, not what he did.

I've held off on saying this, but seriously, could you at least try to be civil? We get it, you have a strong opinion that is contrary to most of the others involved in this thread. There's no reason to be so confrontational about it.

On a slightly different note, I'm now curious why you see the Lore the way you do. I don't understand how it can do anything other than enrich the universe, adding depth and context to what we experience in the actual games. If you could enlighten me on that I would be genuinely interested in hearing it.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this blah blah aside.

--The Dragonborn destroyed Alduin, immortal first born of Akatosh in sovngarde itself. This already implies he is immensely powerful. I myself also ate Shor's sweetroll which obviously increases power by 300%

--The Dragonborn killed Harkon, one of the most ancient vampires in Tamriel, blessed by Molag Bal himself. Vampires grow more powerful over time with blood of their victims. This again confirms the dragonborn is very powerful.

--The Dragonborn defeated a millenia old, immortal dragonborn with untold power - Miraak could bend the will of the immortal dragons themselves, maybe even Alduin - in the realm of the deadric price of knowledge. He also acquired the same power Miraak had AND took his soul.

At the end of all this, I think the dragonborn can slap down any deadric prince entering Mundus but, obviously, in their own realms, you can't win, ever. But what's more, the Bend Will power he secretly obtained from Hemaeus Mora is forbidden and extremely powerful magic. It's always overlooked but this shout is something that nobody knows of and is far more powerful than you'd think.

Miraak intended to use it to bend the wills of everybody on Solstheim to his own after freeing himself. This power can bend the wills of immortals and possibly more.

There is a thread somewhere about who'd win between all the heroes in the TES games. There wouldn't be a fight, they'd all end up baking sweetrolls for the Dragonborn.

So, is he powerful? F*ck yes!

Well let's see

1 killing Alduin who some considered to be a god, first born of akatosh and what not

2 taking over/destroying the Volkihar vampire clan supposedly filled with the very blood of the daedric prince Molag Bal

3 surpassing the first Dragon Born, not quite sure what to say about this other than that it shows the dragonborn line has grown stronger.

So I think he would like a daedric noble, not quite royalty (prince) but without a doubt above the average daedra but with the potential to become royalty or better.

All this blah blah aside.

--The Dragonborn destroyed Alduin, immortal first born of Akatosh in sovngarde itself. This already implies he is immensely powerful. I myself also ate Shor's sweetroll which obviously increases power by 300%

--The Dragonborn killed Harkon, one of the most ancient vampires in Tamriel, blessed by Molag Bal himself. Vampires grow more powerful over time with blood of their victims. This again confirms the dragonborn is very powerful.

--The Dragonborn defeated a millenia old, immortal dragonborn with untold power - Miraak could bend the will of the immortal dragons themselves, maybe even Alduin - in the realm of the deadric price of knowledge. He also acquired the same power Miraak had AND took his soul.

At the end of all this, I think the dragonborn can slap down any deadric prince entering Mundus but, obviously, in their own realms, you can't win, ever. But what's more, the Bend Will power he secretly obtained from Hemaeus Mora is forbidden and extremely powerful magic. It's always overlooked but this shout is something that nobody knows of and is far more powerful than you'd think.

Miraak intended to use it to bend the wills of everybody on Solstheim to his own after freeing himself. This power can bend the wills of immortals and possibly more.

There is a thread somewhere about who'd win between all the heroes in the TES games. There wouldn't be a fight, they'd all end up baking sweetrolls for the Dragonborn.

So, is he powerful? F*ck yes!

well we already knew he was powerful but where in the hierarchy of existence does he stand?

• 1 year later...

I feel that the Dragonborn after all the DLC's would be as powerful to take on a Deadric Prince even, possibly the most powerful mortal to have ever lived.

Tiber Septim and Vivec would like to have words with you.

But no... he's not even on par with Hermaeus Mora, one of the weaker princes. In fact, Mora plays him like a cheap drum.

• 3 weeks later...

The way I see it, the Dragonborn would be somewhere between The Agent (the protagonist in Daggerfall, for those that don't know) and the CoC, with the Neverarine being classes above either of them.

My two cents on the other issue, which could have been an entirely different thread:

There's a difference between "Lore" and "History". "Lore" is what Bethesda decided happened, either through in-game, or out-game books, in game dialogue, r/l commentary by the writers/developers etc. "History" is what actually happened in your game(s). So in mine, the accomplishments ascribed to the Agent, CoC, Nevarine, Dragonborn, etc, in the "Lore" were actually accomplished by several different people in those roles at roughly the same time. Some of the things "Lore'" says... NEVER actually happened.

Well let's see

1 killing Alduin who some considered to be a god, first born of akatosh and what not

2 taking over/destroying the Volkihar vampire clan supposedly filled with the very blood of the daedric prince Molag Bal

3 surpassing the first Dragon Born, not quite sure what to say about this other than that it shows the dragonborn line has grown stronger.

So I think he would like a daedric noble, not quite royalty (prince) but without a doubt above the average daedra but with the potential to become royalty or better.

He killed Alduin's body, but didn't absorb his soul. When the End Times happen again, Alduin will be back to destroy the Nirn. That, and he only surpassed Miraak through the knowledge given by Hermaeus Mora himself.