Build own house (like Skyrim)

RubberMan01

Just wandering if the desire to replicate the house building DLC (Hearthfire) from Skyrim would be a good idea.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

I have been playing about and made a few models to kick start it but not sure I want to go to all the trouble of making 50 or so models if it wasn't something people would want.

For those that don't know what Heartfire is.......

It allows you to buy a land deed then actually build a fresh house from the ground up.

You set the foundations, then the frame work, walls, room etc. You also decide which rooms would like in the house (alchemy lab, enchanters towers, bedroom etc)

This is achieved by the placement of a workbench at the site that basically gives you a menu and depending on what you have in your inventory it will allow you to do the building work.

The internal decoration is determined by what type of room you want each section to be and then heavy enable/ disable scripting takes place to give the desired effect.

Hope that sums it up?

Any input and thoughts on this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by RubberMan01

Sounds like a great idea, but since I do not play as an orc, I cannot really give any useful feedback. But would be a good addition if you are tired of living in a house. Edited by Niborino9409

Well it would eventually be a house. You would make a basic one room house then at any time (if you had the resources) you can go back to your planning table and add another room etc.

I liked the Skyrim idea but found it very limiting with no challenge to actually complete the houses so would like to do something more interesting and with more depth.

The models aren't an issue it's the basic idea for what comes next with me rofl

(currently working on a mod that puts an alchemist in Riverwood and also allows you to buy a player house there to)

Edited by RubberMan01