Build own house (like Skyrim)

RubberMan01

Didn´t realise Morrowind was still this popular! Should buy it on Steam...

Sounds awesome!

But since its for Morrowind(that doesn´t work on my computer atm) I can´t even try it out =/

Good Luck with this! But why wouldn´t it become popular? Since people post all these "awesome gawd sword" mods and the like. This is a new idea, something they have never seen before!

No offense on your swords dude!

Yeah! :thumbsup:

Lol none taken I never upload swords as they take between 5 and 10 minutes to make.....not even worth the effot

Improved model

Can anyone texture I'm hopeless?

Actually placed in game

Please note: Not REALLY textured it and not done anything about its emisiveness blah blah but I still think it looks ok so far?

Edited by RubberMan01

Not sure if you know about these, but from your initial post it sounds like you may not. The scripting you speak of for the gradual construction of a building (through enabling and disabling) is in Morrowind in 4 places.

You can join one of three Great Houses, and each one will offer you a quest to construct a stronghold for yourself to live in. Construction occurs in stages based on which part of the construction quest you're on.

Additionally, several modders have taken these strongholds further, adding more customisation, larger surroundings, NPCs, and quests. You could look at any of those to see how they did it.

In the expansion Bloodmoon, there's another construction event. You help clear out an area, and the NPCs then construct a mining town, Raven Rock, which later offers quests for you.

Yup Tachos. Well aware of them thanks mate.

I am aiming at the big picture though. I want the player to be able to build what he wants (to a limit)

I've been working on external models similar to the internal make up, hence you can make your own buildings rather than be stuck with the few that are available within the original data.

When I was UV mapping them I realised that the Caldera type (Tudor really) buildings were the wooden framework (once you hide the walls and roofing to map it) and that they looked pretty good,

I do have a few other project I'm doing first just sliding this one in as a side quest in real life lol

• 5 weeks later...
Other than the exterior could you not just use the stock tile sets? I understand having to finagle the exterior a bit to get the meshes looking right given the amount of customization you hope to include but unless you allow drastically different modifications it sounds like you could save yourself a lot of work by using the current tiles for your interior or at least small modifications of them.