Exp. when followers kill

pcherokee1988

I started playing Fallout New Vegas a couple months ago, and I was very surprised to find that when a follower killed anybody or anything, I got experience, even when I didn't even participate in the kill. In Fallout 3, I've actually killed some of my followers because they make me mad, killing my enemies before I even have a chance to get one shot it, robbing me of my experience. Wouldn't it be cool if there were a mod that could make it so that it would be just like Fallout New Vegas?

Try Brisa Almodovar as a modded companion. She's scripted to share as much or as little of the kill xp as you wish, from 0% to 100%.

Plus she's configurable to heck and back. You actually get to distribute her skill points at level up. Plus she can repair stuff for you, use a stimpack on you if you ask (useful if you didn't put many points in your own medicine skill), can hack terminals for you (if you gave her enough skill points in science), optionally spawn her own ammo for any modded weapon so you don't have to check every 5 minutes how much she still has ammo, has her own backpack to carry stuff she shouldn't use, etc.

All things considered, I don't think I could play FO3 without her any more.

Oh, I had used that mod before finding Brisa. Thing is, you still have to hit once, or you still get no xp. And companions are a bit trigger happy, so quite often you'll see them run around a corner and unload more plasma into a bunch of raiders than the Enterprise has in its warp coils ;) Especially if you're into stealth and/or you have powerful modded weapons, you should expect a bunch of enemies to die before you can react.

Brisa has far more complex scripting to make sure you don't miss on anything killed by her.

Edit: or, of course, you can use both. They shouldn't interfere with each other.

Well, you download and install WinRar. You double-click the .rar file you downloaded. You extract the contents directly into your Fallout3 folder. I think drag and drop works just fine, but you can always just use the extract button.

Oh right, after that, make a shortcut on the desktop to the FOSE loader file. You'll need to launch the game through that from now on, for FOSE to be active.