Siding with the Thalmor

Lehcar

Why the can't we side with the Thalmor? I kind of like them.

I freaking hate Talos. Seriously. He brutally forced a Dark Elf queen to have a painful and traumatic abortion after he knocked her up. That's just vile and sickening. The guy's a colossal d***, fullstop.

I refuse to worship such a person. He can go straight to Oblivion. I wanna be with the Thalmor. They're cool. And they're elves. Elves rock my mismatched socks!

Edited by Lehcar

And they're nazis.

But that's not the point, hehe. Yeah I kinda want to side with them too :3 I have a high elf where I wanna go with them, but I can't. Sure there are plenty of mods out there who makes us be able to join them, but I'm sure the next faction bethesda will add is probably Aldmeri dominion.

Interesting question - Do you view siding with the Empire as siding with the Thalmor... or is the relationship between the Empire and the Dominion temporary and unstable enough that you don't see them as being the same thing?

White-Gold is actually beneficial to both sides in that it deters open conflict, but obviously the Stormcloaks see the Empire and the Dominion as one large, singular enemy to be driven from Skyrim.

I like to think it's a grey area... like most politics.

So because you don't like Talos you believe that everybody who does worship him should be hunted down and murdered? Only after they have been tortured to give up information on more Talos worshippers of course.

Torture and murder for religious reasons is not vile and sickening at all.

So because you don't like Talos you believe that everybody who does worship him should be hunted down and murdered? Only after they have been tortured to give up information on more Talos worshippers of course.

Torture and murder for religious reasons is not vile and sickening at all.

He should definitely side with the Empire, given they're inspired by those fascist Romans.

Edited by InuyashaFE

He should definitely side with the Empire, given they're inspired by those fascist Romans.

Rome wasn't fascist. Yes, Rome was ruled by a series of sadistic, maniacal tyrants who used their absolute power at the drop of a hat, but it also had the Senate, dammit!

Who were routinely ignored by the sadistic, maniacal tyrants who ruled Rome.

See? Totally not fascist.

Edited by Gamelan

Rome wasn't fascist. Yes, Rome was ruled by a series of sadistic, maniacal tyrants who used their absolute power at the drop of a hat, but it also had the Senate, dammit!

Who were routinely ignored by the sadistic, maniacal tyrants who ruled Rome.

See? Totally not fascist.

When it came to religion, Rome was probably one of the most tolerant empires of all, after the Mongols (as far as I know, the Mongols didn't give a skeever's arse who or what you worshipped).

There were, from what I've been told, two basic rules when it came to native religions under Roman rule:

1: You must accept the main pantheon of Rome and the Emperor as a divine being, and sometimes participate in festivals. This probably meant going out in the street and watching a procession once in a while, so no bother there really.

2: Human sacrifice is bad. Fact.

This seems to make sense to me, they kicked off with the Christians because they said there was one god, and that god certainly wasn't the Emperor. I guess that would be like insulting their nation. And the Celts they agreed with for the most part, except the smaller, more extreme groups who had a habit of decorating their sacred groves with bodies hung from trees to let them "water" the soil, and what-not.

I imagine the Cyrodilic Empire isn't much different.