Mod intergration help

ajhakra

So, I have created a basic model of a Kriss Vector SMG in Blender for my own use but I don't know how to get it in the game. I've tried exporting the file in Blender as a .OBJ and importing in NifSkope but then I just get a whole load of errors and my weapon doesn't appear.

Could someone tell me how to actually get from Blender to Fallout 3?

ajhakra - Hello!

"So, I have created a basic model of a Kriss Vector SMG in Blender "

A KRISS Vector? Those are strange looking submachine guns, been turning up in several recent sci fi movies because of their look. :)

Milla's got it in the latest Resident Evil & they're in the Total Recall remake..... I'm getting side tracked. :)

"but I don't know how to get it in the game."

I don't use Blender myself, it does not seem to like me so I can't give you first hand advice.

Though I know roughly what you need to do, you're going to need to export then copy & paste your new mesh parts over a vanilla weapon in order to use existing animations.

There's a good clear guide here for doing just that:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Blender_adjusting_and_exporting_weapon_meshes

Skip down to section "11 Exporting the mesh" as that seems to cover what you need to do.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

ajhakra - Hello!

"So, I have created a basic model of a Kriss Vector SMG in Blender "

A KRISS Vector? Those are strange looking submachine guns, been turning up in several recent sci fi movies because of their look. :)

Milla's got it in the latest Resident Evil & they're in the Total Recall remake..... I'm getting side tracked. :)

"but I don't know how to get it in the game."

I don't use Blender myself, it does not seem to like me so I can't give you first hand advice.

Though I know roughly what you need to do, you're going to need to export then copy & paste your new mesh parts over a vanilla weapon in order to use existing animations.

There's a good clear guide here for doing just that:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Blender_adjusting_and_exporting_weapon_meshes

Skip down to section "11 Exporting the mesh" as that seems to cover what you need to do.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Thanks! Ive been looking for ages of how to get it in the game!! :D