Cyberpunk 2077

CommanderCrazy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll think that nexus mods will have mods for cyberpunk 2077 like they did for witcher? If so what do you think will be the most popular ones?

I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of this:

1. Workshops/garages that act as vehicle customization similar to GTA's Los customs.
  2. Similar to Skyrim and Fallout 4, when interacting with NPC, you get an icon beside the choice of dialogue which tells you what will happen if you do this.

3. Again similar to fallout 4 and Skyrim, you can add characters and create your own side-story.

4. Buying a property or if already included in the game, then buying a property that isn't normally available.

5. Enabling cheats or using cheats while still making sure you get achievements.

6. Sexual content (more than what is already in the game), which will prob be on that other site... uh loverslab or something I don't remember.

7. Possibly adding real-life celebrities in the game as romanceable NPC.

8. Custom music, like for car radio.

9. Bug fixes if there are any.

10. Anime stuff, like clothes, weapons, hairstyles, NPC, and story arcs. Possibly even from the latest animes.

That's just to name a few as I can go on and on, but that's the main ones I can think of for now.

Well, the games coming out in like 8 days or so, I was just wondering how long you guys think it'll take to make them and be useable.

CDPR has packaged it's Cyberpunk 2077 preload data files into archives. This is a bit different from what I read was done for preloading The Witcher 3. I'm not certain if CDPR intends to extract these archives on launch, or if they will keep these archives and have the game access them directly. I am thinking the ladder. From some simple viewing of one of the archives in hex it looks like the references in the archive are in English. But comparing the archive contents to Witcher 3's install, I doubt that modding knowledge from that game will be applicable to Cyberpunk 2077.

I suspect that modding Cyberpunk will not be possible until the compression method used in these archives is figured out.

However, I am not a talented data miner, or modder for that matter. I haven't really touched Witcher 3 modding either. But I do see some patterns in the data, specifically the RDAR in the beginning of each of the archive files. The reoccurring KARK and CR2WA (the "A" has a ~ on top of it, I can't seem to use the correct character on these forums - it's C3 in hex.) I however wasn't able to determine the compression method with this information, and my hex editor keeps crashing, and I am tired and need to go to bed. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can get to the bottom of this, and make modding possible.

Side note: I tried changing system time to the 10th and disabling internet, and still got the message from Johnny to go back to sleep.

Ref:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/images/25121

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/images/25122

Edited by jimmybob