Can't download MO 2 itself (times out)

Aerandor

Hi all,

So I've tried this now on multiple computers and different browsers, but for whatever reason the result is the same: I cannot download Mod Organizer 2. Each time I run through the download process (using slow download) it will try to begin but then send me to the connect time out screen. Other mods will download just fine, and since every system i tried hasn't been able to download MO 2, I can only assume that there is something wrong with the download process itself (I've tried both archive and installer, same problem happens). I tried googling around about it, but couldn't find anything on this specific problem. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of MO 2 some other way? Or maybe a fix for this/the download itself? Thanks!

Hi all,

So I've tried this now on multiple computers and different browsers, but for whatever reason the result is the same: I cannot download Mod Organizer 2. Each time I run through the download process (using slow download) it will try to begin but then send me to the connect time out screen. Other mods will download just fine, and since every system i tried hasn't been able to download MO 2, I can only assume that there is something wrong with the download process itself (I've tried both archive and installer, same problem happens). I tried googling around about it, but couldn't find anything on this specific problem. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of MO 2 some other way? Or maybe a fix for this/the download itself? Thanks!

Please provide the exact link here " the web page address" I'll see what's going on.

what's your network ? Provider ?

Mod Organizer 2 has over 2 million downloads. You state you cannot find anything about this particular problem. With over 2 million successful downloads and no mention of a timeout, do you think it might be a problem on your? Or don't you?

As an aside, in case you are trying it, you cannot download a mod manager with another mod manager.

You must do a manual download to download mod managers.

Edited by M48A5

Mod Organizer 2 has over 2 million downloads. You state you cannot find anything about this particular problem. With over 2 million successful downloads and no mention of a timeout, do you think it might be a problem on your? Or don't you?

I think his area networks went down each time he tried it. I check regions all over the world before posted.

I can down load all of NMC's 1.2 gig files with zero time outs so I suspect it's on his end, the networks.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194?tab=files&file_id=119741

That is the url when I click on the download option (which is manual, I'm not using a manager or anything), which gives me the "this site can't be reached" page after tring to connect for a few minutes. Not sure if that was what you were looking for. By network/provider do you mean the name of the company I pay for my internet service? It's a public network (though it is just for a residential home) and the provider is Blue Spring Broadband. Sorry for not quite following, I'm not overly familiar with networking stuff. Like I said, I've tried downloading it at different times of day, on different days, and on several devices, all with the same problem, whereas other mods on Nexus download just fine for me. It is only MO 2 that won't download. Let me know if there is something else you need to help diagnose the problem.

That's great to know, but how do I do it? I'm just not sure why it won't work for me.

I am going to give you a set of instructions that are really easy to follow.

I hope you're on windows 10 ?

Right click the start button, select settings

run windows updates and wait

I want you to repeat this pattern until windows no longer finds any thing to update. It involves many reboots.

Let me know when IT no longer finds any more. and It will get to a point where you will notice IT wants to update the OS completely. Please let me know at that point because you are going to have to do that and it will take many hours to complete.

I'm telling you this in advance because thing's are changing @ Microsoft. Current version is 2004. 1909 will have a statement it has come to the end of t's life cycle. I got that on 5 of my PC's here.

There's nothing to fear, it's a good thing. Yeah, some apps will need to be reinstalled but at least you're not going to surfer the problems you have now.

2nd. I really hope you have steam. On steam you need to download and Buy if possible Driver Booster 7 you do not run that until Microsoft can no longer find anything for your PC to update.

Every driver will be found to be outdated unless the new OS has caught up.

In doing so, you will find every support software all of these games require in order to run, you will see driver / Program supports too for web sites/ ".NET's"

your going to either see an acceleration to windows or a slight lag.

Be smart. If you own things you do not want to loose? on the drive? back all of it up now off drive.

we All wait.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me