City of Scum

nightinglae850

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm i just remembered something that use to happen that could make a good quest. Well a couple hundred years ago the navy would hang round fairs and pubs, kidnap unconscious drunk people throw them on a ship and then force them to work. Well maybe after getting drunk in the tavern you could black out and wake up on a pirate ship being forced into slave labor and well the quest would progress from there.

Hmm i just remembered something that use to happen that could make a good quest. Well a couple hundred years ago the navy would hang round fairs and pubs, kidnap unconscious drunk people throw them on a ship and then force them to work. Well maybe after getting drunk in the tavern you could black out and wake up on a pirate ship being forced into slave labor and well the quest would progress from there.

It's called being press-ganged, the name comes from a coin being pressed into the victims hand when they were unconscious, so the crew could say they had been paid a fee to join. Another technique was to buy a man a drink with a coin at the bottom, once they'd drank it the coin was considered paid to them, it's why some old taverns would have tankards with glass bottoms, so you could check your drink before you had any.

Hah, very dirty tactics. I'm glad they don't do that anymore hehe.

I decided to share this image I made with everybody, showing off the islands with their newly fixed snowy-textured landscape LODs:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7650/lodqo.jpg

Edited by Xion209

That image is very cool

I could see pirates doing something like that, somewhere there could be a mine with some workers picking out ore and pirates standing guard.

Slavemines, like in Morrowind? Would be very immersive to see slave bracers, and especially immersive to see Dunmer with Khajiit and Argonian slaves (The Dunmer saw it as their right and convinced Tiber to permit them to have slaves in Morrowind, Beast Races were "agreeable" slave races by man and mer alike).