City of Scum

nightinglae850

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all, I found out about this WIP mod after Xion209 commented on my pirate wreck: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32630/ At any rate, I've been loving being a pirate, however I feel no purpose, but running around pillaging towns and wracking up huge bounties. So, I decided I wanted to build a pirate cove for myself as a just reward for my hard earned booty, and then I remembered that somebody is already building one! Well, least to say, I've already made a small pirate cove last night, but I'd rather invest my time with other modders, as I love, love, love building the level design, but haven't gotten far enough to know how to create quest lines, which I've got tons of ideas for, but not that interested in learning yet. Regardless, I thought I'd share pictures from my vision of a pirate cove from my mod, and find out where I can fit in with yous guys. If any are interested in taking a look at it in game I'd be fine with sharing. It ain't done yet though, yarg!

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/4570602-1363025458.jpg

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/4570602-1363025054.jpg

Morrowind; In Balmora, there is a tavern that has scantly clad female dancers, I think this would fit the "Lusty Maiden" tavern perfectly.

Also, in Iceland, there are outdoor heated swimming pools because of magma that comes closer to the surface, maybe you could add that to the dormant volcano island. Not unlike the pools of wherever near Riften.

As for nobody knowing about the island... It could be that it used to be below the surface of the ocean, and Red Mountain's eruption triggered volcanic eruptions in the Sea of Ghosts and everywhere, incidentally causing the island to form. This is when the fog began forming around the island. It cooled quickly, although remained fairly active, and at about 4e 80-100, it was discovered by some bandit thugs. They were fleeing via boat from their boss, who they stole hundreds of diamonds from. They saw profit in the location of the island, and financed the building of a port and, of course, a tavern. The tavern attracted the scum of Skyrim and Morrowind (and where scum goes, skeevers and fleas follow), and a shanty of houses soon formed all around the small bay, but always the thickest around the filthy, skeever-infested tavern. At around 4e 190, a fight took place among the distinct "west" district (comprised of thugs, thieves, and cutthroats) and the "east" district (comprised of ragtag mercenaries, landlocked pirates, and, of course, thieves), and there has been constant bloodshed since (the two sides are equally matched, and if a leader dies another takes his place). The tavern is sort of a noncombat zone, but that is a fickle truce, at best.

I think you might want it to be a little more peaceful, perhaps not open hostility between the factions, but there are definitely tensions and undercurrents.

I'll probably eventually pick this idea up and slap some wings on it. I even started doodling a map of the island yesterday; I'm so busy with school, however, that I don't even really have time to doodle.

For now, I think this thread should be kept open, as a content ideas thread. We can keep coming up with ideas and jotting them down here. By the time I can actually begin work on it, I'd like it if the mod was close to 100% ready to be built.

If you want you could send me some of your doodles and i could start putting it together.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Progress report for the newcomers:

The island and town is built, including the Black Market, the Lusty Maiden and the Blood Horker Keep, but they are all still being worked on by Xion209

Theskoomaking is working on quests and how to get to the island

and i have a guy making 2 new pirate outfits, one brand new and another a recolor.

We have lots of ideas that we will implement soon :)

Edited by nightinglae850

Bah, hit the back button and lost all my text :(.

So... a shorter version!

@IruleHyrule: Thanks for the ideas, will probably add in the dancers (only if no external animation mod must be used), maybe the hot springs.

@artificialsloth: If you still want to donate ideas, concepts, or whatever you can do, feel free!

@EaglehawkAves TheSkoomaKing deserves thanks too; most of his work is yet to come, but I have no doubts about his scripting/questing abilities, nor about his desire to see the mod finished!

What about this, you heard of Blackbeard the pirate?

What about the leader of the Blood Horkers is a nord called Graybeard the Pirate, a former graybeard that was kicked out of High Hrothgar, so he can match the Dragonborn in weapons and the Thuum :)

Edited by nightinglae850