NMC Texture Pack not loading

finakechi

Hey all,

I have tried 3 different ways of installing this mod.

NMM

FOMM

and manually.

I don't get any errors through the mod managers, but for what ever reason the textures on not loading.

I can't seem to find anyone else with my particular issue.

finakechi - Hello!

Have you taken care of archive invalidation?

If not that would prevent the new textures from showing up properly.

To fix it, either download & activate:

ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

Or, if you use FOMM click on Toggle Invalidation on the right.

For "New" FOMM you have to go to the buttons at the top & select:

Tools - Archive Invalidation

NMM has a built in Archive Invalidation too.

DON'T USE BOTH METHODS TOGETHER.

Note FOMM/NMM's version often needs to be toggled off & then back on again when you add in a new mod.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

• 2 months later...

I'm having this exact same problem. I'm pretty sure the texture pack has been installed so it must be the archive invalidation issue that is causing me problems. First I tried using the Archive Invalidation Invalidated program, but that didn't work so I tried using the FOMM to do this. I wasn't sure if the option was supposed to be checked or uncheck in FOMM, but I've tried it multiple times with each and nothing works. Is it supposed to be checked or unchecked? Also, what do you mean when you say "DONT USE BOTH METHODS TOGETHER"? I tried deactivating ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated program and then checking/unchecking the option in FOMM and still nothing. This is frustrating the hell out of me. Can you please help?

<p>You need to uninstall the stand alone version of ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!, then place a check mark next the one in FOMM. You will get a box asking to "Apply archive invalidation?", check "yes".  If the mod still doesn't work, you have not installed it properly.</p> Edited by M48A5

It appears that the textures are changing when I switch ArchiveInvalidation on and off, but when it's on the textures don't look very high quality.

With ArchiveInvalidation on: http://i.imgur.com/8d88OJu.jpg

With ArchiveInvalidation off: http://i.imgur.com/Dmfr6el.jpg (default textures)

So it apparently the new textures are being used, but they are displayed as low quality. I'm running the game on Ultra settings. What could be causing this?

I don't think it's a problem with the texture pack. The textures are blurry even when the texture pack is uninstalled. I've looked this problem up and people say to adjust mipmap detail in ATI Catalyst Control, which I've done. I've also tried adjusting AA and ansiotropic filtering to no avail. Texture size setting is large. ATI drivers are up to date. I can't think of anything else that would be causing this blurriness.

btw, I downloaded the Full quality NMC texture pack without the max bumpmaps

Edit: also, I tried running Fallout New Vegas and it looks fine.

Edited by Phawder