Morrowind won't load

binarypunk

Whenever I try to play Morrowind I get this crazy error saying

"Music Error: Can not play file. Data Files/music/special/morrowind title.mp3"

I have uninstalled the game twice and made sure the file was actually there,

it is by the way. The problem started after I downloaded a butt load of MODS but I have taken those off and I have just tried to load morrowind after uninstalled it and no MODS at all exist and I still get the problem. Can ya tell me what is up? thanks

Go to explore and make sure the file is there. If its not and you cant find it then I would suggest going to http://www.shadowdrow.com (if that doesnt work, then type in shadowdrow.com in the address bar- it should take you right there.) and download the music file near the bottom. There is a .rar and a .zip for each file in morrowind (Meshes, Textures, Icons, Music and Sounds). Dload the music one and you even get a couple neat little songs in there too. But all of the origional music is in there. If that dont work, then I dont know what to say. I have had several mods that take away certain files from my game, and that was always my best solution.

Yeah, that is one... Interesting... Mod you linked to... Or should I say MOD? Heh.

Don't waste your time downloading that. The file(s) you're looking for can be found in the Data Files section of your Morrowind CD, most likely. Failing that, reinstall. Some n00btard has left very "detailed" (read: walks you through how to delete a file) instructions on how to cleanly reinstall Morrowind that he obviously ripped from Bethesda -- either that, or he refers to himself as "we" and "the technical support staff" to make himself feel important.

You can actually unpack the mp3 you need manually from the CD, though it requires use of the dos prompt, and downloading a utility called "i6comp.exe". Though be very careful about what you're doing, i.e., unpack into a temp directory.

Do a search in the forum and you might find more instructions on how to use it.

Archived