Sentient Plant Problems

TrickyVein

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2214/greetings.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6699/shitown.jpg

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/1949349-1353209482.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/9931/screenshot786.jpg

Estimated overall worldspace status: 60-70% complete.

Currently looking for people who want to contribute towards:

Item creation
The Shi are special because they are actually the descendants of the crew of a Chinese nuclear submarine. Their style of clothing and armor, even weapons should look 'foreign' and reflect the roots they have in Chinese culture - even if they themselves have forgotten this fact or don't think it's very relevant. This is a design decision that I would like to preserve throughout all shi-faction based weapons, clothing and armor.

Now in progress:

• Weapons

The Shi were supposedly one of the most technologically advanced factions in the wasteland forty years ago, maybe even rivaling the capabilities of the BoS as well as the Enclave. Red 888 Guns regularly stocked high-tech weapons like Gauss rifles and H&K G11s. The Shi were packing some serious heat in their time. What happened to this technology? What weapons do the Shi use now in their diminished numbers?

• Armor
  • Clothing

Currently looking for help with:

• Custom weapon modeling.

High tech melee weapons. High tech energy-based weapons. Those interested may inquire as to specific designs and functions. Expect appropriate levels of detail and reasonably sized textures. In short, nothing you wouldn't expect to find in the vanilla game.

Edited by TrickyVein

Guest deleted2159825
It looks impressive as hell thus far (I dig the Chinatown architecture). I for one would love to revisit San Francisco. Best of luck with the project!

Guest deleted2159825
Assuming the first image is your in-game map, it looks great. When I get to Firebase Zulu, I'll have to hit you up for lessons on making a decent map for the Pip-Boy. My initial foray was... disastrous.

I'm pleased to announce that we have two roles and maybe a third already filled for voice actors! These also happen to be the scripts which are near completed.

Also, work is pending on creating the 'infected' creature model. I am very excited.

Thank-you all for your efforts thus far. :thumbsup:

Very nice. You have my attention. Alas, I am not a modeler, nor a voice actor. I can do interiors, if you got the kits. I can do almost anything that doesn't require tools other than the GECK. I have not tried my hand at the height map. I have done some textures for interiors in Oblivion. While the quality was good, I felt they were a little too clean looking. I was working on a dark/evil version of the imperial building kit. I didn't actually release any of the files though.

Edit: Scripting is my strong suit.

Edited by trilioth

This looks really awesome! And I can't wait to play this! I'm not a modeler but I have some experience with the GECK (I've been modding for about a year.) and I'd be glad to help. I've been working on a bunch of projects but I never released anything. I'm currently working on a big mod for Fallout 3 and will probably release an alpha of it once it's... playable. Anyway, the things I could help with are interior/world creation and editing (If you provide models and textures.), NPC creation/editing and creating items and leveled lists and such. I'm not good with scripting and quests.

Question: Are you planning on re-creating more Fallout 2 locations? (I've seen some really nice screenshots of Reno and Shady Sands)

@ AlbinoPolarBear

Yes. I have put these projects on hold for the moment considering the large amount of work this project demands, and wanting to see it released for the community in (hopefully) the coming months.

Reno was really fun to work on. The world was also pretty much near finished a year ago except for some technical things. I'll probably go back there after this project. And I would have thought that we would have seen a player home or something made with the resources I released for the Shady Sands-type architecture by now... :tongue:

I will begin updating this thread with progress towards completing worldspaces and interior cells. This should serve as a rough *cough* estimate of the time left before we enter beta testing.