Missing textures

MatrixCoder

So... pretty much every face textures for the vanilla NPC's are missing for females... I think I might have removed or replaced some texture files while trying to fix something... it was late last night i was doing stuff, and I can't remember what I did :(

Is there some way to fix this.

I take it you've removed any mods that affect face textures so that default face textures load up? Do this by either removing mods in NMM (and reinstalling them if desired) or manually go to your Data\Textures\Actors\Character folder and look in your male and female folders and look for / delete any male / female head.dds files.

Alternatively you could do this the "lazy" way and just install another face texture mod which should replace any missing textures, but be aware that you might need to find male and female mods. I wouldn't recommend trying to fix it this way as there's obviously a bigger problem at play here and this maybe unfixable if you've taken out files which instruct Skyrim how to construct face data.

I found out that not only the face textures are missing... somehow they body texture looks akward in the light.. it gets all black etc, but the hands and feet seems untouched.. I wonder if it is the result

(This did not change my character)

I came to remember I download the TexBlender from Calinete and was experimenting with it, but I never (I swear) I never messed with the actual files in Skyrim Dir. I had teh TexBlend folder in the data folder, but i did not use any of the head or body files.

Edited by MatrixCoder