Too buggy...

Lehcar

I was enjoying this game despite all of the glitches I was getting hit with... until the main quest bugged out on me, the Greybeards are stuck so now I can't finish the "Jurgen Windcaller" quest... this sucks. Fail, fail, fail. My game is fail. :sad:

I miss the days when games didn't have ants in their pants. :sleep:

All games have had "ants in their pants" since the very beginning.

I've not had a problem with quests really apart from when I installed a lot of mods which require SKSE.

Try the Unofficial Skyrim patch (if that's around)

You may have to hit the Greybeards with a FUS RO DAH or try a Placeatme console command to see if that fixes it?

Reload a save from just before you get to them, fast travel to a completely different hold, and wait\sleep for 31 days to see if it fixes there AI. A lot of the weird AI glitches in Skyrim can be fixed by just going to the opposite end of the map and waiting a month.

Was Daggerfall part of those "Good Old Days", lol. Standard procedure back then was to enter a dungeon and pray that you didn't break your game.

Games have gotten less buggy with time, not more buggy.

I would argue games have become buggier, but that's inevitable because they've also become much more complicated. The games from the "good old days" aren't that much better than today's indie games (which still have their own share of bugs).

Also QA testing has taken an arrow in the knee thanks to the ease of distributing patches online. Why delay a game and miss holiday shopping seasons when you can just spend the month ramping up to release on a day 0 patch instead?

I'm gonna have to jump on the "The 'Good old days' werent so good" bandwagon. The number of times i managed to break Commander Keen (Commander freaking Keen!) easily trumps even the abbomination that was Dead island. Games these days are a lot more stable than they were when the industry was getting its footing. And QA isn't bad these days, the problem lies in hour volume. 1000+ hours of playtesting means jack compared to the millions of hours of gameplay Skyrim got in its first week. Because of the complexity of the code, you could have a glitch which only has a .0001% chance of happening, and odds are even that 1000 hours of playtesting isn't going to pick it up.

I think that the fact that Bethesda has tried, and continues to try to solve the problems which arise, is more telling than the presence of glitches in the first place. Its more than can be said for the aforementioned Dead Island.

Edited by Lachdonin