Adjusting position of particle effect on a weapon

LXD9

I have looked around for awhile and not found a thread that answers this question for me. I am trying to turn the Staff of Magnus into a wand. Changing the model has not been a problem but the swirly effects on the end of the staff are still in the same place and I can't find out where the positional data for the effect is kept. I have looked at what I assume is the effect's .nif, staffofmagnusfxhand01, but it seems fairly centered in this file and if there is some sort of transform being applied I can't see it. Would this be controlled in the Ck somewhere?

Don't get your hopes up with a reply! I'm going to dash them again.

I just thought I'd let you know I spent ages looking at this, out of curiosity, because it interested me, but can't see how the effects are being moved to the end of the staff, either. That's one enormously complex nif!

I thought that by looking at the co-ordinates of the silvery globe at the end of the 'Staff of Magnus' nif, I could find some reference to the same '60-something" Y co-ordinate of that tri-shape in the FX nif. Pretty sure you have the right nif, too. 200-odd nodes? for 2 or 3 particle effects. Crikey! remind me never to try and make my own!

Unfortunately, all I've ever done with particle effects is to change their colours. I've never had the need to alter where they originate from. Sorry, mate.

I'd like to know, too in case I ever need it, so here's hoping someone else can chip in and help you.

One thing I did notice is that the FX nif refers to hkx files. I hope that isn't behind this, or else it could be a real 'mare to fix. there are two FX nif files relating to the staff, but you probably noticed this. The other gave me no new clues...

... what we need here is.... an expert!... "Cue the experts, please! We need them on set right now!"