Grand Theft Auto IV

Werewolf334

Well I liked the X360 Version, played it and ultimately finished it. But the PC...... even my 1GB Graphics card cannot play IV with high Quality...

Story Was good, Graphics were Great, Gameplay Was Imperssive, Requirements were A Pain,Voice acting was Fair. There was Lack in balance and Diversity...

a Large Achievement and Disappointment...

• 9 months later...

Reviving this topic. I could've posted this on the GTA IV thread recently made on the other systems forum, but as that forum is for console games only I don't want to make the console users jealous. :P

I'm currently playing GTA IV on PC with a bunch of mods so that there's actually something fun to do... Otherwise the game gets old after a while.

Missions 'n Stuff:

LCPD First Response (Play as an officer and arrest people)

VIP Kill&Rescue (many missions)

Prison Break (For real!)

Museum&Bank Robbery mod

Vehicle Selector (You need to pay for them so that's nice, you have nothing significant to spend money on in this game anyway)

Visuals:

Color Radio HUD (Must have)

Environment mod (pretty)

Weapon retextures

First Person (I use it for driving only)

Random fun stuff:

Player Selector

Pedestrian mod

Grabscript

It's good to be on PC, despite missing out on the DLCs! So if you have the game and you're bored of it, check these out! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Reviving this topic. I could've posted this on the GTA IV thread recently made on the other systems forum, but as that forum is for console games only I don't want to make the console users jealous. :P

I'm currently playing GTA IV on PC with a bunch of mods so that there's actually something fun to do... Otherwise the game gets old after a while.

Missions 'n Stuff:

LCPD First Response (Play as an officer and arrest people)

VIP Kill&Rescue (many missions)

Prison Break (For real!)

Museum&Bank Robbery mod

Vehicle Selector (You need to pay for them so that's nice, you have nothing significant to spend money on in this game anyway)

Visuals:

Color Radio HUD (Must have)

Environment mod (pretty)

Weapon retextures

First Person (I use it for driving only)

Random fun stuff:

Player Selector

Pedestrian mod

Grabscript

It's good to be on PC, despite missing out on the DLCs! So if you have the game and you're bored of it, check these out! :thumbsup:

you sir, are a God...thanks for sharing :D

The game was fun first, but now, the online is full of mods, wich make the whole online gaming very unstable. And the perfomance is poor. So now i dont play it anymore. Plus, the disc of the game, and the SecuROM, make my cd drive crazy. When i open the drive, it closes immediately. I hate it.

So in whole, the game isnt really worth the suffering from all bad stuff

The game was fun first, but now, the online is full of mods, wich make the whole online gaming very unstable. And the perfomance is poor. So now i dont play it anymore. Plus, the disc of the game, and the SecuROM, make my cd drive crazy. When i open the drive, it closes immediately. I hate it.

So in whole, the game isnt really worth the suffering from all bad stuff

it baffles me how different people's results are with this game. Performance is amazing on my PC, securom is basically nonexistant on mine, it never did anything to my system. I don't play online, so I can't comment on that, but I just find it amazing how different the game reacts to people

the game worked fine for me, and if I remember correctly, one does not "really" need an Internet connection to play the game.

(offline profile is enough for GTA 4, so you only need to be online once (and it doesn't have to be the PC its installed on) to set that acc. up)

sure it sucks that one has to install GFWL, cause its buggy (have 2 acc., 1 offline Profile, that i use for games i only play SP and 1 live acc. that i use for multiplayer) GFWL actually managed to crash Section 8 just because i have 2 GFWL acc. and didn't get auto logged in, had to run GFWL seperly, select a profile as auto profile just to be able to start Section 8 !! (not to mention that Section 8 is a rather bad game)

hardware wise i had no problem with GTA 4, though it had some graphic glitches, they released so many patches, i didn't install em all before i got bored with the game.

As a GTA fan, I don't plan to buy this one. I'll wait until my friends get tired of it and sell it, very cheap. I have no problems waiting as money are kinda of a problem these days. I admit that I'd pay 150 bucks for a new Elder Scrolls game. :P

Is there a way (other than cracks) to make it work without GFWL? If there isn't, then that'll make my final decision... it isn't as if I don't have plenty of other games to play.

as far as i know, yup there is one crack called "XliveLess", u can google it....