World of Goo

Werewolf334

I was hesitant when I first came across this game, and got the demo first. The playing was actually fun. I grew up loving doing hands on things and creating bridges and testing them on the pressure machines. I was a architect geek, and still am to a certain extent.

The game provides a tough enough challenge to keep you going when you are bored. It is also a good game for the kids to play. My nephews and nieces just think its the coolest game ever, and even I enjoy it. I was also astounded by the creativity of the game and the size. It is a relatively small game at a mere 74MB on hard-drive.

There have been many times where I had gotten stuck and then once I found out and actually passed the game I felt like I actually accomplished something within the game. It surely isn't an easy game, and my nephew got frustrated over it more than once, but just the same as me, once he passed the level he had to go around bragging about it.

The game is fun, silly, and involving.

I saw this on SPIKE TV last night on their 2008 Game Awards show and knew this one would win the award when presented along with others in the "independent games" category.

I first saw the beginnings of this with his initial work called "Tower of Goo" which was created in a week as part of a game creation challenge. I also mentioned it in this FREE Games topic. It was very addictive and ranked as the #1 game there for quite some time.

LHammonds

Hey werewolf nice find, its kind of in between littlebigpanet and locoroco, except locoroco is kind of wierd lol. Anyway do you know of anymore games like this or is this a one of a kind for the pc.

It is a one of a kind puzzle game. The first ever to use cinematics the way it does, and the type of gameplay itself. Some say it doesn't even fall under the puzzle category because of the style of gameplay, but I will continue my looks for games like it. Currently I am working on a review of some of the scariest PC games known to man... Fit with screenshots of some the scariest interactions and etc. Games range from my personal collection of about 16 games that has made me jump and really get into it.

Back on world of goo. After world 3 things really get tough, and once you do beat the game you want to go back to every single level to get as much goo balls as possible... Its really interactive and you can play it as much as you want, always making up new tactics to beat the level with the least amount of goo balls as possible. Right now I only have 334 goo balls in my world of goo corporation, and I have seen people with 600-700+ ...

do you know of anymore games like this or is this a one of a kind for the pc.

http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/

This is where this game originated. The purpose of these games is rapid development of games. The the core of the game is fun and works, then you've succeeded in creating a good game and can continue making it better (such as Tower of Goo --> World of Goo) and if it does not work out too well, you have only spent a week on a lesson learned.

LHammonds

Archived