CV question regarding my mods

countercruel

So i was wondering, i have done a TON of map work in the creation kit and released a lot of famous and well put together mods.

I wanted to let employers know of my hobby but i have a question.

Would it be ok to add that im a map modder for the creation kit and that i have experience in it. Does that count as a certificate of approval in the job market for my CV?

thanks

If by Map Modder you mean... world building / area & level design?

Yes, its fine for you to add your experience with Bethesda's Creation Kit to your cv for such ends, but, 2 points...

1. [*]It probably should
not be the only thing you've done/used to demonstrate your skills as a 'map modder'

[*]It would also be ideal if, by map modding, you aren't just modding (i.e., altering) somebody else's work, but have been able to create something entirely of your own, from nothing.

I'm not saying that you fit this profile, I don't know you, or what mods you've made, this is just a general statement.

So, you need to be able to demonstrate that you are able to use someone elses tools to create/build something that looks great, functions great, and is popular with people who've downloaded it, but also prove that you did not get there by using somebody else's work to start you off. All that is going to do is prove that you have the technical skill to use a set of modding tools, but not necessarily, the talent, originality and aesthetic knowledge to prove you can actually create something beautiful, functional and well made on your own, from literally a blank screen.

Edited by FavoredSoul