Build your own home.

fenon

There's a mod that lets you carry a sleeping bag now, why not make a mod that lets you buy various objects. By objects I mean bits of walls and various other things that some of these house mods have used.

So you can make things like this ingame:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/1663-2-1229456474.JPG

The objects should have a sellectable weight, very light to start with so that Z can be used to move them into place, then their actually weight to fix them into place.

All my other mod ideas have been ignored... I'm hoping this won't. What was wrong with the idea of a gas granade?

Is there a boycott on all topics made by me?

How could being able to make bases similar to the home mods that are being released, any time you want ingame be a bad idea? It can't be too hard for someone that knows what they are doing to make a sellection of items that are usually used in these bases, carryable. things like filling cabinets, beds, chairs, sandbags.

Is there a boycott on all topics made by me?

How could being able to make bases similar to the home mods that are being released, any time you want ingame be a bad idea? It can't be too hard for someone that knows what they are doing to make a sellection of items that are usually used in these bases, carryable. things like filling cabinets, beds, chairs, sandbags.

I like the idea of building your own home, you can travel the wasteland, killing deathclaws and enclave troops but the weakling NPCs are the only ones who can build anything.

I think the reason the gas grenade was left alone is because it might require modders to fiddle with the code of the game which is illegal.

There's a mod that lets you carry a sleeping bag now, why not make a mod that lets you buy various objects. By objects I mean bits of walls and various other things that some of these house mods have used.

The objects should have a sellectable weight, very light to start with so that Z can be used to move them into place, then their actually weight to fix them into place.

Although the idea is appealing... I don't think it'll be doable in this format.

For instance, how would you make different rooms/walls etc line up with each other?

I suppose a variation would be possible if someone scripted a home that would change depending on which sections you buy.

The building could then have more / or less rooms depending on your purchases... the outside could have features like that post with Christmas lights in that picture... but the positions would be predetermined.

I didn't really intend for it to have an inside where you click on the door and then you are teleported inside. I was more intending it as an outside house/camp, with things like the back end of the bus that you can just walk into like this one:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/1483-1-1229249494.jpg

And this:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/1509-1-1229268397.jpg

With fencing etc that you can carefully line up around the outside.

Would the gas grenade be illegal? I thought the G.E.C.K let you alter just about anything. I thought you'd just have to exchange the explosion with the gas.

With the geck you can do just about anything so a gas gernade shouldn't be so hard (just make a new gernade that was green and has a green explosion crippling legs and arms) same with the house but placing fences would be a bit harder but it could be done (they'd need a flat base so you couldn't have them fall flat on their sides)

It would be nice as well if there was a site marker object that you can use to fast travel to your camp, when you drop it, it could add the site marker to the map, when you pick it up it's removed. It should have a second function as well, it should also act as a lure for Raiders and other bad guys, so that you have to defend your camp. Hiring guards would be fun as well.

Archived