Custom Spell Time Issue

Theme57

Ok so I made this custom spell (Devil Trigger: Bound Armor (all of it), Bound Sword, Speed +25, Blade +25, Restore Health 5pts, all for 120 seconds) and when I cast it a couple times I noticed that the fortify and restore health spell were 15 seconds ahead of the bound spells. So I loaded an old save and made the corrections and was pleased with my 2 minutes. Well after doing the Mythic Dawn quest where I have to infiltrate and recover the book to help get the amulet back when I made my cast I noticed something. All the cast times of my spells were 105 instead of 120 the even amount I had before. I noticed this as well with some other conjure spells having 15 seconds less then they usually have. I have searched the net for a couple hours with no results. Is this a bad glitch? Should I go back to the save before I had this spell then kill the mythic dawn guys without them taking all my gear? I downloaded OBSE, but cant get the delete spell to work so either I reload the last save before I made the spell (before the kvach oblivion portal) or what?

Did you make the spells on the spell making altar or with the CS?

If it was the spell making altar, I'd make sure that you aren't wearing any armor at all, and that you aren't wandering around with a disease. Either of these can influence spell performance.

I imagine where talveren was headed with this is what is your spell effectiveness? Put ordinary vanilla clothes on and see how your spells work.

The emphasis here is on "clothing", as in "not" armor.

Any kind of armor, which gives you some protection, at the same time lowers your magic effectiveness some amount. Clothing, which doesn't serve any protection at all, does not.

It doesn't really matter whether the item is from Vanilla Oblivion or from a mod, last time I checked.

So, of course it's happening with both, heavy and light armor, as it's all still "armor". They were asking if you tried it with "clothing" instead already for this very cause.

Something has your spell effectiveness at 87.5%. Try casting your custom spell completely nude (no rings, no head covering, no shoes ... nude). If you still aren't getting your 120 seconds you have something 'stuck' on your character reducing your spell effectiveness (there are plenty of glitches due to things being removed by events like the Mythic Dawn initiation).

- Edit - More info ... Exploitable Glitches

Edited by Striker879

Without anything on my spell is working normally. Oddly though it worked fine when i first made it then after the kvach mission and changing to the imperial curiass it all went down. I will check a bit later to see what is going on, but if I cant get it to work I can deal with 105 seconds despite the cost of it being for 2 minutes :(

On the bright side I FINALLY got OBSE to work! So mods with it are good :D