Do objects that are "under the ground" affect performance / memory usage?

No what I mean is this:

The plugin file that I create moves a reference form cell 0,0 into cell 30,10.

Another mod "want to do something" to that reference (disable it, move it a bit, set ownership, whatever ...) and can't "find" the reference in the cell 0,0 (where it is "supposed to be" in the "vanilla game".

So, the game crashes because some non-existant reference gets "messed with" ...

That could be avoided by "leaving the reference in its original cell".

Then, every mod that "does something" to that cell would not make the game crash.

Good evening everybody!

I am currently (among other things ...) working on a mod that "cleans up" and "restores" Fallout 4 (into a hopefully "pre-war" state and removes all the quests).

Maybe I've missed the point somewhere, but if this is your goal, isn't simpler to 1) duplicate the vanilla worldspaces, 2) modify this new worldspaces/delete unnecessary refs, 3) make all your quests point to your new worldspaces. This way you don't have to deal with all the acrobatics to keep the vanilla references mentioned in this thread. Since your mod is not overwriting the vanilla worldspaces this way, it would be much simpler to work with.

Good evening everybody!

I am currently (among other things ...) working on a mod that "cleans up" and "restores" Fallout 4 (into a hopefully "pre-war" state and removes all the quests).

Maybe I've missed the point somewhere, but if this is your goal, isn't simpler to 1) duplicate the vanilla worldspaces, 2) modify this new worldspaces/delete unnecessary refs, 3) make all your quests point to your new worldspaces. This way you don't have to deal with all the acrobatics to keep the vanilla references mentioned in this thread. Since your mod is not overwriting the vanilla worldspaces this way, it would be much simpler to work with.

Wow, I didn't even think of that!

That would solve all of my problems with "compatibility", and I could still have the "normal" FO4 stuff!

Thanks so much for that!

I think I will do it like that:

Copy the "commonwealth-worldspace" (xEdit can do that, right? or can I just "right click & copy" in the worldspace-window of the CK?) and copy every interior cell (there aren'T that many) and then "link up" the copied interiors with the copied exterior worldspace.

Then I can do whatever I want, without worrying about "deleting stuff".

Awsome!

EDIT:

I just saw, that there is a "duplicate worldspace" option when you right click on a Worldspace in the worldspace window in the CK ...

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

Just to note : duplicating a worldspace can take some time, so be patient. I've done it only once - it took a long time, but it did finish without crashing.

Good luck!

Yeah, I started it after posting my last reply here and it just finished!

No crashing!

So I think this "problem" is solved ...

Disabled objects still fire OnLoad script events, worth testing yourself tho. With the frame rate drop around greentech which is map 0,0,0 that has a tonne of junk underground I infer it does have an impact so move disabled crap to specific holding cells I create.

One time I accidentally made a save just as the 0,0,0 cell loaded, and happened to look at it in FallrimTools later. Over 400 active OnLoad scripts...