[REQ] Sneak Power Armor (Muscle Suit)

LoneHP

I was thinking. Most of the current Power Armors in FO3 are all based on the idea of the "man-tank", aka, protection up the wazoo, with the support helping carry all that weight around. Couple this with the Night-Strike Recon Armor which is epic, but still is based on the current recon armor ingame...

I realized, characters with a sneakier disposition are left out in the cold on just the NightStrike armor, and not a true power-armor just for them. Thats a market waiting to be exploited.

Has anyone considered making a "muscle suit" for sneak characters but who want something more than just the NightStrike? Something like Crysis' suit + MGS4's Octocamo (also known as the stealth field in FO3), and actually looks like a muscle suit and not like the recon armor? I mean, its been done for Oblivion (the MGS4 armor thing)...

Considering the supposed effects of power armor (str boost, DR) plus the sneak stuff (either a sneak boost or the stealth field) could be game-breaking, why not make it a one-off, and not repairable. Would make sense not to get hit anyway, being a sneak character and all.

The glove-thing has been in the works with several modders, I think...

But, I'll definately second the request for NON-Recon Armor stealthwear (although, the stock texture suit and helmet, plus the new Regulator Mask does look pretty bad*ss... )... especially if it's a take on the "modern" combat armors depicted in various games (MSG2/MSG4/Crysis).

• 2 weeks later...

You guys do know that Bethesda is going to put in some sort of sneaking armor/power armor in Operation: Anchorage, right? It's rumoured to be the Hei Gui; only ever mentioned in Fallout lore, it's a Chinese special forces stealth suit with a cloaking device that the Stealth Boy is based off of.

Either way, though, a powered sneaking suit would be awesome. Add night vision, enhanced speed, enhanced jump height and comparable protection to the ranger armor, but with some rad resistance. Oh, and more strength but negligible increase in carry weight (carries itself, but thats it). Perhaps throw in a rebreather for underwater ops (unlikely in irradiated water, but hey, I'm just throwing ideas out there). A cloaking device might be powered by energy/microfusion cells (scripted to be automatically used until depleted like the Medic Armor does with morphine). I think you could also make a reasonably well balanced piece of equipment out of such a suit, too (that is, assuming you guys care :D ).

Actually, if someone could make some cool looking meshes and textures for it, I could probably whip up all of the above in a day, any takers?

Archived