problem with bloodmoon

tantalus883456

i just got bloodmoon and whenever i play it i have time to play to the part where you go to the gangdrung caverns to kill all of the soldiers in the weapon smuggling quest and then it crashes to the desktop because of low virtual memory this has happened before but only if i had the CS open or the Morrowind Advanced program open is there any tweaking i can do to fix this or does anyone know what the problem is?

Tantalus

Agreed. If I play Morrowind, I have all other programs closed (besides chat programs, i.e. Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN) and I only have TESCS open if I am testing my mods. Even then, I dont play Morrowind for a long time with the CS open. And if you do play it with the CS open, minimize it. That way it is running, but its not showing the details for no reason. It always works for me.

thanks but like i mean when im just using the tescs on its own i can only run it for about an hour at a time before the low VM warning pops up and then i have to save and reboot the computer and i dont have anything else open ever when im playing morrowind i have a hard enopugh problem running it with my old P# but in the next week my new computer will be here so ill be able to play better on it. but have you tried the mw advanced mod? it gives a bunch of combos and stuff to where if you do the right sequence of alternating thrusts slashes and chops with certain types of weapons that you can decapitate someone, remove their arm stick your sword into them and leave it there various things like that and it also has a slow motion option but for the mod to work it requires the settings window for the mod to be open at all times. and after playing for about an hour the game slows down a lot gets really laggy and then the low VM window pops up and if i cant save and leave the game in time it boots me out of the game. and now it does the same thing when i use bloodmoon and all this time i have nothing else open on my computer.

Tantalus

hey problem solved i got a new computer from cyberpower.com its way better than my old one and it didnt cost that much. i got and AMD Duron processor, the Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 graphics card its just a 256 meg but its way better than my old oneand an asus motherboard. i used to have to run morrowind on it's lowest specs and it would still lag a little but now im running it on it's highest and there are no problems. and i figured out what was wrong with bloodmoon... i feel like a retard cause the problem was that i frgot to dld the patch for it. but thanks

Tantalus

• 2 weeks later...

well ive found another problem with BM ive noticed that with a lot of NPc's on the mainlaind of vvardenfell and even some in mournhold have no dialogue except for the topic of solstheim and it's annoying but nothing more than that until i find that it invalidated a quest in vivec. the quest where the guy has a rat problem in the telvanni canton he wont talk to me about anything but the one topic of solstheim so i cant get the quest, this is still just annoying iuts not like i need the mere 50 or 100 gold reward but even still this is a problem any suggestions?

Tantalus

This is not technical support, better to have opened a new question in the correct forum.

You will not get the rat quest until someone else in the Telvanni compound has told you of the problem and you get a journal update. Until then it does not appear in the Enchanters dialogue option. And the reward is a grand soul gem that can be worth a lot more than 50 gold when filled (up to 80000).

Archived