"A Magic Chest" - Same Contents on various Locations

JPTR1

For my Resident Evil House i want the original Saferoom-Chest, were you have access to the same content at different location.

I mean with Copy or Dublicate i have two identical Chest, but the Content between the Chests is not matched. And is it possible to make it a PlayerHouseChest (NoRespawn), if it is a respawning Location?

Anyone knows how to handle that?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to do this, but i couldn't manage it to work that way.

Maybe can you explain what exactly i have to do, or does anyone else have maybe another idea?

Also it would be very important that the chest open animation for all chest-childs is working too.

Edited by paul5555

I like the idea suggested above. It seems like a good way to accomplish what you're after. If you're blocking activation, but still want the animation to play, you'll probably have to trigger the animation via script.

You should post the script that you're using if you want specific help troubleshooting it. Also, make sure that you've filled the properties used by the script.

If you want an alternative route, you can check out what I've done in this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18021

Basically I set up a master chest and transfer the inventory from the master to whichever chest is currently open. The source files are included with the mod, so feel free to take a look at it.

Oh thats realy nice, the Mod you have done is realy a perfect alternative for this, i will definitly take a look at it, to see if i understand how it works and how to put it in my Mansion. Much thanks for sharing the sourcefiles!

I will also test out the script thing, basicly it would be a simpler way, but it will take some time for me propably, i know how to use the existing scripts, but never done them myself. Till now this "Block Activation" Script seems to prevent every other script what could start the animation of the chest.

I'll get back when I know a bit more.

greetz Paul

Edited by paul5555

• 1 month later...

Its sometimes realy confusing how simple things are if you know how..

now i learned that if i use the "ActivateLinkedChest" as a Triggerbox, i still need to add the LinkedChestTriggerScript in the Script Tab......

So i have linked all ClientChests via Triggerbox to 1 MasterChest now and that works.

I blocked the static ChestModel of the Clients with a simple Colussionbox, so that these "blockactivation" of the Chests, will not basicly stop them from animate;

but yes what i still need is a script to start the animation of the ClientChests, without open their inventory, do you maybe know one what can do this?

Edited by paul5555

Why go thru all that hassle?

Try this on each satellite container, no need to hassle with other stuff

Scriptname SomeScript Extends ObjectReference

ObjectReference Property MasterChest Auto

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference Something)
  If Something == Game.GetPlayer()
    Game.DisablePlayerControls(False, False, False, False, False, True) ; Exit menu
    Utility.Wait(0.01)
    MasterChest.Activate(Something)
    Utility.Wait(0.01) 
    Game.EnablePlayerControls(False, False, False, False, False, True) ; Reenable menu
  EndIf
EndEvent  

Do note I've not compiled or tested, but it *should* work.

Thanks Ishara, but i don't know what i'm doing wrong here, i added the script to the ClientChest and LinkRef'd the MasterChest but it has no effect, on activate of the client it still opens just the inventory of the ClientChest. :(