How to close OblivGate, when inside & NO sigil stone?!?!?&

alphabeticjunk

DANG!... Just now -- the 2nd time (last one was a few days ago .. but haven't been in any since then)...went into an O.Gate. Fought my way to the top...

First clue something is wrong. When I get to the top level .. the Sangillum Sanctus... the slanted floor on the outside -- IT's WHITE OUT conditions. First time I sorta just went with it... thought it was some weird new effect. I could barely see the floor and I could see walls right next to me. Made it to the place where the sigil stone should have been -- and instead of running into sigil stone ran in to the beam....

*ahem*... next load, started looking through my console commands for something to turn down

the light. "togglelitebright" - tlb - I thought it had been toggled on, but when I toggled it, it said lite bright

was turned on -- but then I could see almost normally -- cept that the clothes of everyone and most surfaces were white.

Went back up to the place where the sigil stone was and it looked like it had been removed and the gate had not closed. The holder for the thing was tiled at an angle -- no way to close it -- finally reverted to

an earlier save.

Today went into a DIFFERENT gate... nearly same thing -- cept the cage or stand where the stone

should be was just empty (didn't look like it had started to fall apart).

I know about the close oblivion gate command -- but I couldn't "target" it from the inside.

Also, now that it has happened twice... I'm wondering if all of them are bugged. I can close them from outside -- but the whole reason I was going in was to try to find some good sigil stones to enchant some stuff..GRRRR.....

Anyone else ever encounter something so weird and find out a cause/cure? Ideas??

Waaaaaaa....

:-(

You do know that not every tower in an Oblivion plane is the one with the Sigillum Sanguis at the top. There are peripheral towers that have a gate control up top, others with just a prisoner in a cage (or cage with no prisoner). The tower with the Sigillum Sanguis will have a small window glowing bright red at the top when viewed from outside ... one of those per Oblivion plane. Once you eneter that main tower you'll see the pillar of fire shooting up the center to the Sigillum Sanguis.

The tower with the slanted floor sounds like Quake Ruin in Oblivion Random World 4 or possibly either Meat Harbor or Reapers Sprawl in Oblivion Random World 7.

You do know that not every tower in an Oblivion plane is the one with the Sigillum Sanguis at the top. There are peripheral towers that have a gate control up top, others with just a prisoner in a cage (or cage with no prisoner). The tower with the Sigillum Sanguis will have a small window glowing bright red at the top when viewed from outside ... one of those per Oblivion plane. Once you eneter that main tower you'll see the pillar of fire shooting up the center to the Sigillum Sanguis.

The tower with the slanted floor sounds like Quake Ruin in Oblivion Random World 4 or possibly either Meat Harbor or Reapers Sprawl in Oblivion Random World 7.

um...remember, I said the first time I ran into this and went to where the sigil should have been and instead ran

into the beam. The layout of the one holding the sigil stone is fairly consistent ... but also the only one with a beam going up

the center is the one where the sigil stone *should* have been....

sigh...

Well your 'slanted floor on the outside' comment made me think of those peripheral towers ... were you talking about the normal ramps that lead up the tower or the red ramps that lead up to the sigil level platform inside the Sigillum Sanguis?

In any case nobody's going to be able to do much until you give us a complete load order of your mods (preferably from Wrye Bash).

- Edit - Thery won't get at the cause of your current problem but there are console commands for closing gates ... look at the bottom section of this page.

Edited by Striker879

Well your 'slanted floor on the outside' comment made me think of those peripheral towers ... were you talking about the normal ramps that lead up the tower or the red ramps that lead up to the sigil level platform inside the Sigillum Sanguis?

In any case nobody's going to be able to do much until you give us a complete load order of your mods (preferably from Wrye Bash).

- Edit - Thery won't get at the cause of your current problem but there are console commands for closing gates ... look at the bottom section of this page.

----

Ahh... didn't see Close*Current*OblivionGate....for when you are inside...

Here's a current mod list .. about to try another OBGate, and will see if it is wacked or not...

The slanted floors -- the normal ramps... that and the "holder" of the sigil stone -- on the first one looked like it does when

you remove the sigil stone and it sometimes tilts off to the side as it is falling apart -- 2nd 'holder' appeared normal.

At least I might be able to get out without going to a prevsave -- but the point is to get the sigil stone!! ARG...

yeah,

I know

player.additem...sigil#..blahblah

That's ^not the point! ;-)

Thanks if you see anything...

This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit

Congratulations all mods appear clean.

Active Mod Files:

• 00 Oblivion.esm

• 01 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

• 02 CyrodiilUpgradeResourcePack.esm

• 03 Toaster Says Share v3.esm

• 04 X.Dryads.GotF.esm

• 05 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.4.2]

• 06 UOPS Additional Changes.esp

• ++ Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

• 07 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

• 08 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.0]

• 09 USIPS Additional Changes.esp

• ++ LoadingScreens.esp

• 0A Realistic Water.esp

• 0B MIS Low Wind.esp

• 0C MIS New Sounds Optional Part.esp

• 0D OBSE-Storms & Sound SI.esp

• 0E WindowLightingSystem.esp

• 0F RAEVWD Cities.esp [Version 1.9]

• 10 RAEVWD New Sheoth.esp [Version 1.7]

• 11 RAEVWD Imperial City.esp [Version 1.9]

• 12 VipCxj_AirSystem.esp

• 13 Get Wet.esp

• 14 AyleidStatueMap.esp

• 15 ShadowbanishMap.esp

• 16 ShowDaedricShrines.esp

• 17 Hotkey Pro.esp [Version 1.2]

• 18 DLCHorseArmor.esp

• 19 DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]

• 1A DLCOrrery.esp

• 1B DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 1C DLCVileLair.esp

• 1D DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]

• 1E DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

• 1F DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 20 DLCSpellTomes.esp

• ++ DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]

• • • EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

• 21 M16A2_With_m203.esp

• 22 SwordDancer.esp

• 23 R18PN - Bs Bondage.esp

• 24 DLCThievesDen.esp

• 25 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.10]

• 26 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• ++ AdrenalineOblivion-SupportElements.esp

• ++ AdrenalineOblivion-SpawnElement.esp

• 27 Auriel's_Retreat.esp [Version 1.1]

• 28 Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp [Version 3.21]

• 29 BrotherhoodRenewed.esp [Version 1.1.2]

• 2A Clintmichs Beautiful IC District Pack Plus.esp

• 2B Valenwood Improved.esp [Version 1.02.0]

• 2C Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

• 2D Wayshrines in the University.esp

• 2E DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

• 2F DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]

• 30 DLCFrostcrag.esp

• 31 DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]

• 32 AFK_Frostcrag.esp [Version 1.2.Non-COBL]

• 33 Knights.esp

• 34 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]

• • • EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp

• 35 Origin of the Mages Guild.esp [Version 6.1]

• 36 ElsweyrAnequina.esp

• 37 ElsweyrValenwoodImprovedPatch.esp

• 38 Tales from Elsweyr Anequina.esp

• 39 Walkabout.esp

• 3A road+bridges.esp [Version 4.6.3]

• 3B xuldarkforest.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 3C xulStendarrValley.esp [Version 1.2.2]

• 3D xulTheHeath.esp

• 3E xulEntiusGorge.esp [Version 1.2.1]

• 3F xulFallenleafEverglade.esp [Version 1.3.1]

• 40 xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp [Version 1.2.2]

• 41 xulChorrolHinterland.esp [Version 1.2.3]

• 42 xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp [Version 1.6.5]

• 43 xulBravilBarrowfields.esp [Version 1.3.4]

• 44 xulLushWoodlands.esp [Version 1.3.2]

• 45 xulAncientYews.esp [Version 1.4.4]

• 46 xulAncientRedwoods.esp [Version 1.6]

• 47 xulCloudtopMountains.esp [Version 1.0.3]

• 48 xulArriusCreek.esp [Version 1.1.4]

• 49 xulPatch_AY_AC.esp [Version 1.1]

• 4A xulRollingHills_EV.esp [Version 1.3.3]

• 4B xulPantherRiver.esp

• 4C xulRiverEthe.esp [Version 1.0.2]

• 4D xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp [Version 1.1.1]

• 4E xulImperialIsle.esp [Version 1.6.8]

• 4F xulBlackwoodForest.esp [Version 1.1.0]

• 50 xulCheydinhalFalls.esp [Version 1.0.1]

• 51 xulAspenWood.esp [Version 1.0.2]

• 52 xulSkingradOutskirts.esp [Version 1.0.2]

• 53 xulSnowdale.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 54 xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp [Version 1.12]

• 55 xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp [Version 1.0.3]

• 56 Bag of Holding.esp [Version 1.4.0]

• 57 Better Dungeons.esp

• 58 EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

• ++ Jhaerik's Dungeon Fog Remover.esp

• ++ Unlimited Rings 1.0.esp

• ++ Unlimited Amulets 1.0.esp

• 59 Quest Award Leveller.esp [Version 2.0.1]

• ++ Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp [Version 2.1.0]

• ++ Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp [Version 2.1.0]

• 5A WPHealthRegen.esp [Version 1.0]

• 5B SetBody.esp

• ++ ND_LongerSummons_x3.esp

• 5C DirenniAlchemyApparatus.esp

• 5D IshMultipleApparelEnchantments.esp

• ++ Bow_Damage_Equalizer.esp

• ++ FastTravelAllowed.esp

• 5E Demoness.esp

• 5F DemonRace.esp [Version 2.9.16]

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp

• 60 Lop-ears Elf.esp

• 61 Kani's Elves.esp

• 62 bgMagicEV.esp [Version 1.6EV]

• 63 X.Earth.Magic.esp

• 64 HentaiMania2.esp

• 65 Hentai Mania.esp

• ++ HVH_LifeDetect.esp

• ++ Visually Enchanted Fire 3.esp

• ++ Visually Enchanted Frost 3.esp

• ++ Visually Enchanted Shock 1.esp

• 66 Shining Creatures.esp [Version 1.2]

• 67 Shining Creatures_AtronachFlame.esp [Version 1.2]

• 68 Shining Creatures_AtronachFrost.esp [Version 1.2]

• 69 Shining Creatures_WillOWisp.esp [Version 1.2]

• ++ Shining Creatures_DLCFrostcrag.esp

• ++ a4VnlObSI_HiResHGEC-BBB-Fems+RmMales.esp

• 6A Adonnays Elven Weaponry.esp

• 6B Toaster Says Share Faction Recruitment.esp

• 6C Arwen companion.esp

• 6D Satu Ra - Lord of Beasts.esp

• 6E DarkRoseSet.esp

• 6F Thunderbird Armor.esp

• 70 Cloud Armor Compilation.esp

• 71 HentaiSeraphimArmour.esp

• 72 HentaiDarkLilith.esp

• 73 EY_AoD.esp

• 74 Silverlight Armor Addon by Xcytress.esp

• 75 ShaiyaOutfit.esp

• 76 Dress WBBW DMRA+.esp

• 77 GGBDDCW.esp

• 78 Demonic Monstera.esp

• 79 Like a Flower Outfits.esp

• 7A Dynamic Map.esp [Version 2.1.1]

• 7B DMC Stylish - Specialanims.esp

• 7C Kosai's Welkynd Armor.esp

• ++ Sexy Dark Seducer & Golden Saint Armour.esp

• 7D Streamline 3.1.esp

• ++ Brighter Caves.esp

• 7E cities_alive_at_night.esp

• ++ Summon 3 Creatures.esp

• 7F Sigil Stone Fuser.esp

• 80 Crimson Eyecandy Black.esp

• 81 NeoDarkarmor.esp

• ++ Bigger_Soul_Gem.esp

• ++ ArcaneVelocity250.esp

• 82 Azure Warrior Chest.esp

• 83 SeraphimMode.esp

• 84 LOTR Hadhafang v1.2.esp

• 85 sexydancer.esp

• 86 SDchest.esp

• 87 Sexy Daedric Priestess.esp

• 88 Witch LongDress.esp

• 89 Bashed Patch, 0.esp<br><br>-----------------<br>Edit: Note -- this time it was just about as weird, but not quite as much.<br><br>I went straight for the top and didn't bother w/the monsters or fighting my way up <br>(being a demon has it's perks, but doing it that way gets boring if you do it that way all the time...)<br>Went to the top and AS SOON as I went through the door to the sanglium sanctus (or whatever<br>it is called...where the normal last ramps are, around the ouside) -- where it has been *white* before -- It popped me out of the gate and closed it!...<br>Ouch -- didn't let me get close to the sigil stone... just threw me out of the gate and closed it!<br>(not out of the game... but just as if I'd closed the gate)...<br><br>Thing is -- this was a gate that was in a spot I'd thought I'd closed before -- just north of Leyawin -- right behind the coastguard house station...<br><br>I finally figured out why storm atronachs give me such problems.<br>they not only resist shock, (which my most commonly used weapons have had recently), BUT ALSO -- reflect damage?!!?... *ouch*...<br><br>maybe a spell/item to lower magic resistance+ a drain health -- as that isn't exactly damage (or is it?)...what a pain.    Grumble grumble...another gate opportunity down the drain...oh well..<br><br>

Edited by Astara_

The only thing that pops out at me from your load list is Sigil Stone Fuser. From what I can gather from the mod description I don't see how it could possibly affect sigil stones and the Sigillum Sanguis but I have no idea what it's scripts look like. I tend to work from obvious downward when I'm troubleshooting. Can't see how there'd be a downside to trying disabling that esp (heck you should be able to stockpile a bunch of stones and then install that mod from the way the description reads) but I'd have a backup save from before disabling just in case.

That gate just north of the Leyawiin Coast Guard Station is a random gate (meaning it links to one of the seven random Oblivion worlds). I wonder if this is affecting all random worlds or just a particular one. You can figure out which world a gate has linked to by using the direction you are facing when you first appear on the Oblivion side of the gate and then compare to the pictures on that page I linked that correspond to that direction. Example ... if you are facing east when you first step through the gate you will be in either random world 5 or 6 (my personal favourites). Both those worlds actually have two gates, and you'll see that facing east means you are either at world 5's northwest gate or world 6's northeast gate. Scroll down that page and you'll see the right hand pictures showing what you'll see as soon as you step into worlds 5 and 6. Using the picture it will be obvious whether you are in random world 5 or random world 6. On a side note, 6 is probably my absolute favourite just because it has the only available Blood Potion bottle available in the game ... a singularly useless piece of clutter, but all my homes get at least one.

While on the subject of random worlds, you know that weird stuff will result from entering a two gate world from one gate and exiting back to Tamreil through the other gate (without grabbing the sigil stone to close the gate of course). If you've ever done that in the past and not gone back to grab the stone and close that random world (in other words left that gate open while you continued playing and going to other random worlds) I'm not sure what the result may be. I've exited to Tamreil through the wrong gate before, realized my mistake and gone back right away with no ill effects, but have never experimented with leaving that random world open with two gates active in Tamreil (note that the Tamreil side of that second gate didn't exist in Tamreil until you stepped through from Oblivion using that 'wrong' gate, but as far as I know it will exist in Tamreil until you close the gate by grabbing the sigil stone ... once closed I believe only the original gate will leave a closed gate scar in Tamreil).

Your Storm Atronach problem is easily overcome. Think of it this way ... they're like rocks. Heat plus rocks usually doesn't go well for the rock if you heat it enough.

- Edit - Something I've noticed since I downloaded Sigil Stone Fuser to check it out ... the extracted archive I just downloaded has three ESPs, 'Sigil Stone Fuser v2 - Easy.esp', 'Sigil Stone Fuser v2 - Medium.esp' and 'Sigil Stone Fuser v2 - Hard.esp'. Are you using version 1 or something?

Edited by Striker879

I didn't know there was a sigil stone V2!

I've been using it for about 5 years w/no problems, so I don't think that's it (but will have to go find the update now!)...

What I did find out... related to some stuff you said earlier, sorta....

Went back into another gate, NW of Imperial city... ... this time I noticed my surroundings looked awfully familiar -- in fact all the time that this *HAD* occurred, I'm pretty certain it was the same Obv.World.

So I tried the closecurrentobliviongate -- no worky! ;-(...

so... went back outside the gate -- traveled back to gate & went outside (this wasn't all w/o crashes, mind you, but

streamsaves are a life saver!).....

When I came out... I WASN'T where I went in -- Was back at that gate north of lewelwin coast guard station!...

Closed it from 'without'...

Then tried another gate...

got a different world... in it was sigil stone... Ahhhhh.... BUT...problem still not solved.

got the SS, and gate building to explosion occurred inside, then .... dud. i'm still there -- inside the game holding a SigStone, but

having to walk back out to close the game w/the closeoblviongate command.

ARG!!!!!

Tried it again -- got a 3rd world... same prlblem....

So It WAS the case that the random gates were restoring me to the same location when I got back....somehow was ending up in the same world that had gotten broken somehow..

But as I mention things are still broken -- I can pick up the sigil stone-- and it makes like it closing, but then -- no return to the outside

world.

I think the bright light I see all around me when I first enter one of these final areas (inside tower top llvel), is the same

as the white-light that is shown just before the gate closes and you are dumped back in the 'real' world...

So ... still weird.... gonna go look for an update... ;-)

I have never experimented with entering a two gate world and exiting through the other gate and then leaving it open. All that I recall ever seeing on the UESP Wiki about multiple gate worlds is outlined in this quote:

The game will only have one Tamriel gate connected at a time to each of the nine possible gates on the Oblivion side. So if you already have gates open to a couple Random Oblivion Worlds (and have not yet retrieved their Sigil Stones and closed the gates), any new gate you open will not reconnect to one of the same places. If you keep opening gates and returning without closing the gates the game will eventually (after nine gates) be forced to recycle and will reset the previously opened gates (i.e., you lose any progress you made and will lose any equipment you left there).

Both worlds 5 and 6 have two entrances. If you find the other entrance, you could return to Tamriel through it as long as you have not yet reached the maximum number of opened gates at that point in the game. Typically the other entrance will randomly teleport you to a new location in Tamriel. It is possible to emerge at a gate that was not previously marked on your map. If, however, you have been entering oblivion worlds and not closing the gates, it is possible that the other gate is already connected to a specific location in Tamriel, i.e., to the location at which you previously entered this world. When you remove the sigil stone in one of these two-gate worlds, you will be returned to the site of whichever gate you most recently used, and only that one gate is closed. If you return to the other gate and re-enter it, you will be transported to a new random world instead.

The only point I doubt what they say is this:

If you find the other entrance, you could return to Tamriel through it as long as you have not yet reached the maximum number of opened gates at that point in the game.

I always get the maximum number of gates open at any stage in the Main quest by travelling to areas I would prefer a gate to be located until I get to the current maximum (getting the gate to show a map marker but not entering the gate). The only gates I close right away are ones located along roads, and even many of those I leave open if their spawns are far enough from the road to not be a concern for travelers (actually they make convenient 'harvest stations'). I'm certain I've been at max gates when I exited through the wrong gate. When I was in Tamreil I noted exactly where I was on the map and then traveled there after re-entering the wrong gate and closing that world using the sigil stone. When I traveled to where I had emerged from the wrong gate there was nothing in Tamreil indicating that a gate had been there.

I guess my point is that there are possibilities not outlined in the UESP Wiki. In your case it may be due to something like exiting through the wrong gate and then leaving that Oblivion world open and then entering that same world through a completely different Tamreil gate that linked to the opposite gate of that world and closing it using the sigil stone. Or it could be because of a mod conflict with a yet unidentified mod.

In your troubleshooting I would keep a written record of which world I entered when first going through a gate so you can see if the problem is isolated to certain Oblivion worlds or more random. If my theorry holds any water I would expect that only Oblivion world 5 and/or Oblivion world 6 will be affected (they are the only two worlds with two possible gates).

I didn't know there was more than one exit in some OB worlds...

But game is definitely bugged. Went into a new OB world -- maybe 4th that looks substantially different, (dunnow the numbers), fought my way up....hard to use a bow when you got the adrenaline mod going...and my sneaking was worthless in OB... oh well, at least I have good damage resistance.

But again -- got the sigil stone -- and made like it was going to close -- then whiteout -- then I was left inside the gate.

Dang!...next thing I'll probably trying setting max open to 0 and closing all OB gates and see if that resets them...

Not sure what else to try....

Been playing this off and on for ... well since it was new! (before all the patches were out)...never seen this symptom....but then I've

never had/been through/ so many extensions either... ;-)....

By been through, I mean I add something if I don't like it, I remove it...try to make sure I have no items from the extension and save before,

immediately after, etc... Still can take its toll maybe...

Hah... looked at my windows log.... (have a script that tallies the errors...) numbers with repeat addressses >10:

---running---

• % total #this mod/prog error offset
  • 22.2% 555 10 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00080163
  • 22.2% 565 10 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0058140c
  • 22.2% 576 11 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x001f28d4
  • 23.3% 588 12 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000c9a80
  • 23.3% 600 12 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0030a123
  • 24.4% 613 13 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000dfa7f
  • 24.4% 626 13 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0012d448
  • 25.5% 639 13 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00254e1e
  • 25.5% 652 13 obse_1_2_416.dll-0xc0000005-0x0001aef3
  • 26.6% 666 14 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00097e10
  • 27.7% 680 14 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000da301
  • 27.7% 694 14 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0058141c
  • 28.8% 709 15 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0000548e
  • 28.8% 724 15 unknown-0xc0000005-0x001c5abc
  • 29.9% 740 16 ntdll.dll-0xc0000374-0x000ce6c3
  • 30.0% 757 17 OBGEv2.dll-0xc0000005-0x0002873e
  • 30.0% 774 17 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00175ba9
  • 31.1% 792 18 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000e3f53
  • 32.2% 810 18 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00376cad
  • 33.3% 829 19 d3dx9_27.dll-0xc0000005-0x000d2eaa
  • 33.3% 851 22 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x001e944a
  • 34.4% 874 23 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0001347e
  • 35.5% 901 27 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000c9aa0
  • 37.7% 930 29 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00031056
  • 38.8% 962 32 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x003d22d5
  • 39.9% 996 34 kernel32.dll-0xc0000005-0x0003d20e
  • 41.1% 1040 44 Oblivion.exe-0xc000000d-0x00584d6a
  • 43.3% 1085 45 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00582789
  • 45.5% 1132 47 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000025d2
  • 47.7% 1184 52 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00376dba
  • 49.9% 1243 59 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x00158f6d
  • 51.1% 1304 61 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0018dc7c
  • 54.4% 1368 64 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x000fa940
  • 57.7% 1441 73 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0008be5f
  • 60.0% 1518 77 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x004e19fa
  • 63.3% 1600 82 weOCPS.dll-0xc0000005-0x00002c20
  • 67.7% 1696 96 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0018927e
  • 72.2% 1815 119 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0013162c
  • 78.8% 1978 163 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0002b77f
  • 88.8% 2209 231 Oblivion.exe-0xc0000005-0x0001e232
  • 100.0% 2510 301 unknown-0xc0000005-0x00000000

Edited by Astara_

BTW -- here are the progs -- relatively short...depends on cygwin/perl and sysinternals to get the logs.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
 open my $logh, "psloglist Application 2>&1|" ||
die "Can't open psloglist: $!\n";

use strict;
use Date::Parse;
my $record;
my %errors;
my $debug=0;
my $curtime=0;
my $thistime=0;
my $thistime_incr=0;
while (<$logh>) {
 chomp;
 unless ($record) {
m{^\s+Time:\s+(\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+)\s+ID} && do {
 	$curtime=str2time($1);
 	#keep ordering of same-time log messages by spacing successive
 	#messages .1ms apart
 	if ($curtime==$thistime) {
   	$curtime+=$thistime_incr/10000.0;
   	++$thistime_incr;
 	} else {
   	$thistime=$curtime;
   	$thistime_incr=0;
 	}

next;
};
/^Faulting application name: Oblivion.exe/ && do {
 	$record={s => " ", t=>$curtime};
 	$debug && printf "OB Fault: ";
 	next;
};
 } else {
/^Faulting module name:\s*(\S+),/ && do {
 	$record->{s}.="$1-";
 	$debug && printf "mod $1, ";
 	next;
};

/^Exception code: (\S+)/ && do {
 	$record->{s}.="$1-";
 	$debug && printf "err:%s, ",$1;
 	next; };

/^Fault offset: (\S+)/ && do {
 	$record->{s}.="$1";
 	$debug && printf "off:%s",$1;
 	next;};

/^\s*$/ && do {
 	$errors{$record->{s}}++;
 	$record=undef;
 	$debug && print "##END\n";
 	next;
};
 }
}

my @output;
{
 my @tmp;
 foreach (keys %errors) {
push @tmp,  [ $errors{$_}, $_];
 }

@output=sort {$a->[0]<=>$b->[0] or $a->[1] cmp $b->[1] } @tmp;
}
printf "output=%d\n",0+@output;
for (my $i=0; $i < @output ; ++$i) {
 $_=$output[$i];
 next unless ref $_ eq 'ARRAY';
 printf "%4d %s\n", $_->[0], $_->[1];
}
# vim: ts=2 sw=2
----------------------------------------------------------

The one that shows the percentages (takes input file from 1st one)...

#!/bin/bash

( read total rest< <(
declare -i sum=0;
while read cnt rest;do
 	sum+=cnt;
 	printf "%5d %5d %s\n" $sum $cnt "$rest"
done < <(cat /tmp/Oblivion-faults-by-addr.txt) | tail -1) &&
 echo $total
) | (
 declare -i total cnt sum=0;
 read total;
 while read cnt rest ; do
sum+=cnt;
declare -i val=sum
declare perc=$( printf "%d.%d%%" $[(val=100*sum)/total] \
 	$[((100*sum+50*total)/total)%10] )
printf "%6s %5d %5d %s\n" $perc $sum $cnt $rest
 done < <(cat /tmp/Oblivion-faults-by-addr.txt)
) | tee /tmp/obliv+percent-tot

# vim: ts=2 sw=2