Gothic knight armor.

Lanstream

Greetings!

I am now trying to place it somehow to Skyrim. I am totally new to modding, and open for any help, tips, tutorials, same topics - cause I know there are tons of them but I have no time to view them all. So are free to post links to such helpful material.

Firstly I want to import it on this stage to skyrim to see and correct some clipping issues if there will be any. Here I need to know how to bind my models to bones. Also I am interesting in changing some animations. Is this hard or not?

Secondly upload this to Zbrush to improve models and make some nice textures and normal maps.

So for now I am interesting in binding armor with bones and exporting it to Skyrim. I will try to find all info I need by myself but as I said any help would be appreciated!

And I am wondering what number of triangles/polygons/vertexes is ok for full armor? On the pic you can see I have two variants with 6,5k and 21k polys each. I suppose I will create some middle-poly model with about 12-15k.

And if you are interesting I am working in 3ds max, Photoshop, Zbrush.

Thanks forward!

The most popular tutorial to teach you the basics of skinning meshes to bones (in 3dsMax) is by SoMuchMonsters.

As for animations, forget about it for now. Do one thing at a time or your head will explode. I would just concentrate on finishing the armor. You're going to have enough problems getting the skinning done as is.

As for triangles, stick to around 10k, you probably don't want to go higher than 15. It all depends on your system though; everyone's PC varies.