A real 'in game' GECK

duncanlambert

If you read any other postes by me your'll prolly realise that most of what i want in Fallout 3 is completely unrealistic and over the top requests. But here goes anyways.

What i want, is a GECK, I know you find one, that you only keep on you for about 10 seconds before the Enclave nab it off you, but what i want, is a proper usable one, that you can place the foundations of your very own town. i would imagine that you'd have to have a pre set area, maybe open flat area for farming, a large administration building, and a water source. (i dunno exactly how the Geck worked in fallout2 but vault city was pretty damn awsome IMO)

maybe you could get it from a vault thats still active, and you take up the role of administrator, and tell the residents how to develope their fledgeling settlement, being that your from a vault yourself yet have knowledge of how outside towns managed to thrive (after all, you helped write a book on it :P ).

You'd start with your admin building and decide wether you would want a militaristic, research or capitalist place. Militaristic would give you mercs or companions to aid you in the wastes, and you'd have to concentrate on bringing back weapons, armour, so on and so forth. a researching town, you'd have quests to go to abandoned vaults or areas of high tech like military bases, to see if there is anything usable there and if so, place beacons for a salvage team to come strip the place. Capitalist type would mean you would have to spend your hard earned caps to set up stalls, and caravans.

When your towns leveled up a bit (maybe started creating housing and powerplants on the serface) you could get rewards for cultivating a successful town, eg military getting you companions, maybe later some elite power armoured tactical troops, or robot guards, research getting you implants and gear, and capitalist getting you a large tithe for your efforts as well as a plethara of shops to choose from.

As your population grows, you would have to spend more of your hard earned caps on varius buildings that (after a few hours of play) would spring up, like a crech so children had a safe place to play and learn while growing up, giving the population a steady increase. Maybe if your Karmas a little lower, you had buy a slave pen and slavers to increase building production at a cheaper cost. Maybe your having trouble with pesky mutant immigrants? build a fence with automated turrets.

What i want is the ability to recreate Vault City from fallout2, a sociaty structured around the decisions you make. Make it as elitist, or accepting as you want it.

This idea is mostly for fun as i dont expect anyone to actually make it. But i WOULD like to discuss ideas for it and dream how cool it would be.

A pre-made vault, somehow magically appears when you enter a pre-marked place (a side quest?) drop it in said machine, walk out, sleep for a day, walk in, and be amazed at a entire vault appearing out of nowhere.

Maybe you can attract dwellers to live and work for you, each one has to take an interview with you personally.

Duncan, i know you already admitted it , but jeeesus u do ask for alot :P.

By the way if u guys pop over to the official site once every 6 months youd already know one of the DLC packs coming out expands on after the G.E.C.K is used in the water purification system. so yeah, theyre will be "post geckness" added to the game....

:P

yeah, i know its alot, but personally, i enjoy chatting about my vision for fallout 3, what it 'could have' been. I LOVE the fallout series, (yes, even tactics) and i feel that FO3 while a damn good game in its own right, just doenst have enough to it. Spending 5 hours wondering the wasteland to find 'yet another super mutant base' gets a little tedious. There is so much land to use yet no reason to go there. Oblivion sent you all over the feckin place and finding more places was just a bonus. at least 50% of the dungeons in Oblivion were qest related, a remarkably high number. Fallout, i found at least 30 power stations or sat com stations that have no reason apart from throwing a few raiders or talon mercs at you, with the lack of promise of finding anything that you can upgrade your gear to. In the end i just stopped bothereing exploring them.

But i want a reason to run around, for instance, "i gotta kill a few days while my down builds a bit. Possibly using the 'Z' key to drag some mats across town in a tedious but rewarding fashion. I love this mod idea, and i know its unrealistic, but all i want to do is discuss my ideas with people and if anyone thinks they're man enough to tackle my ideas, thats their funeral.

It would be great, but very hard to do, but if someone with the right ability takes up the idea, it would certainly be one of the best. On the flip side, if the wrong person took it up, it would turn out awful. But I sure hopes someone makes it. A possible Idea is that you dont get to actually walk through your town, but look over it like in an RTS, I dunno if it would be easier to implement or not.

Archived