Want it gone

charwo

I got a remesh of the business suits I absolutely loathe:

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/3925/screenshot4jv.png

I want this gone and the original restored. I So I found the mesh and texture files for the 1950s suit, which correlated to the mesh tags in the GECK. I nuked them. Problem solved right? Without an added mesh file the game will have to use it's embedded meshes, which would restore the suits to something less godawful right? WRONG!!! I load up the game again and Zimmer's still wearing that POS suit!!!! How do I purge this thing from me game. I want it gone, and I want it gone now. Why is it still showing up?

Usually, when I change something in Rivet City, the changes aren't made until I leave and come back later about 3 days in game time. Also, did you toggle ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! after you made the change? Another way would be to reverse pickpocket him or make the change using FO3Edit.

charwo - Hello!

Is that Wasteland Mafia -Mob Suits_Hats_Ammo?

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/5092

If so, there are no meshes with that only textures (at least with the Suits part).

Go to your:

Fallout 3\Data\Textures\armor\1950stylesuit

& remove the 4 files in there:

outfitdarkf.dds

outfitdarkm.dds

outfitf.dds

outfitweatheredm.dds

Then go to:

Fallout 3\Data\Textures\armor\eulogyjones

& remove the 3 files in there:

female_d.dds

male_d.dds

male_d.jpg

If it's not that mod, look in your original download archive of the mod you got the suits from, you can use that to see where it has installed files into your data folder & delete them.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Hi Prensa! I took your advice, to a point. See, the mafia file IS where I got these horrible suits! But for that reason I nuked it long, long ago. And the suits stayed. However, I haven't touched the Eulogy Jones textures because Eulogy's new Suit is seven shades of badass! Still, it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Is there perhaps a way to extract those specific meshes from the master file and then put them in as add on files, sorta retconing the suits back into their original styles?

charwo - Hello!

That's odd then, if you've not got the replacment textures in that folder then nothing should be replacing the default ones.

Is it all suits or just Zimmer's that is changed?

"Is there perhaps a way to extract those specific meshes from the master file and then put them in as add on files, sorta retconing the suits back into their original styles? "

Well, if you use "Old FOMM", you can use BSA Unpacker that's built into it & can be found under "Tools" to unpack copies of the original suit textures in the Fallout - Textures.bsa from:

textures\armor\1950stylesuit\

& place them in your Data folder.

Not sure if NMM has the same tool. BSA Commander can also be used:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/17

But if the suits being replaced still with the mod ones gone, something odd is going on.

I take it you didn't have Fallout 3 installed previously & then installed again?

Like having a disc version then replacing with a STEAM one as many people do that & forget to uninstall the old Fallout 3. This can leave another version with folders & cause confusion like this.

You could also use FO3Edit to check & see if some mod is changing those suites. Open FO3Edit & once it's loaded your mods copy & paste this:

000b1056

Into the FormID box & press Enter, that should take you to one version of the suit, check in the right hand window & look at the columns. One column will be Fallout3.esm, make sure there is no other column next to it redirecting to new suit textures.

If there is, untick it & check the suits in game.

Also check the other version of the suit:

0005c682

If nothing is going on there, paste in:

000156b9

& check Zimmer's inventory has not been altered to change his suit.

Hope this helps!

Prensa