Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post and thanks for the Nexus! I think people get so used to having things happen on the internet in an instant click that they fail to understand what actually goes into making sure that can happen. Such posts are good for folk to let them know what's going on and where the Nexus is at. Good luck!

<3 to all the mod users, mod creators, the holy grail that is the NEXUS sites, but most of all much <3 to Dark0ne and his awesome team for maintaining this wonderful creation. NMM has changed my mod using life forever and I never want it to go away.

Thank You! :D

Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us informed. I love Nexus and have never regretted buying a membership. Keep up the good work.

An idea to ponder....instead of offering a lifetime membership, offer year memberships that have to be renewed. This would keep the cash flowing. I'm a lifetime member but would gladly pay yearly fees to keep the site up and running.

Thanks for the post Dark0ne ! Really nice to see what is going on behind the scenes. I know you think its boring but for a fellow dev and compsci geek its anything but. Any chance of a more detailed rundown of the stack? I could deduce that you're running Django on NGINX but also php (for IPB) and presumably MySQL or Postgres ?

As a point of interest I'm assuming that a CDN and/or refactoring of the front end into Javascript / API aren't possible? Lastly, spotify achieves very quick speeds and reduced server load by operating partially through P2P I believe.

Thanks for all the hard work anyway!