Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

When it comes to money, why not something like a Kickstarter? Of course make it clear what's going on and what it would be for, but that would allow for generally anonymous investment primarily from the group you already focus on: the users. Might just get what you need for the new hardware ;)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've gotten a lifetime premium ages ago, but sadly it uses Paypal which I can't use due to not having a credit card. If there was an alternative method then I would immediately jump at it, but no dice as of right now =(

You know reading this just made me realize how much I depend on the Nexus for my games. I have always found the best modders and the best interested people here that really do enjoy helping and sharing mods. So for that I put money down as my way of helping too. I suck at modding but I can help pay to give us a home. Cheers! :)

Knowing I could have a resource like this site made me feel comfortable getting into modding, which has been amazing. I became a premium member THE DAY I was able to afford it. Worth every penny. I now visit the site daily :)

I'm happy to be as patient as need be while the site works out the trappings of popularity.

It should be noted that you can maintain good user relations whilst still relying on shareholders, it's just much harder and doesn't happen often, generally because shareholders are far too stubborn. Same applies to utilizing ad revenue.

It's a matter of self-control and knowing where priorities should lie. My belief is that the customer should always be first priority where possible since, quite simply, no customers eventually means no shareholders. This should be obvious, but somehow it isn't. Who wants to invest in a product nobody is interested in?

It's never that simple, of course, I just believe it can be so much simpler and easier but people seem to enjoy complicating things far more.

I would also argue that you can be a fine businessman without actually being one. Knowing how the industry works is different to juicing people for all their worth like a corrupt businessman. They're not mutually inclusive.

I think it's freaking fantastic what you're doing here, especially considering the amount of your personal time you've invested.

If it ever comes down to it, and you have to decide between shutting down or finding investors/ad revenue, please choose the latter. There's a difference between selling out and staying afloat, and there's nothing morally wrong with making money, especially if you're providing a valuable service. I'd rather pay a little more or have to look at ads and keep the awesome service that you've created than see all the nexus sites go under. If you keep your priorities straight, and don't sacrifice quality of service for the sake of short term revenue, everything will work out in the end.

I started using Nexus when I was playing Fallout 3. I have also used it for New Vegas, and most definitely Skyrim. The amount of time and creativity modders put into the Nexus is incredible. I would compare it to free DLC which in case you are actually getting several hundred dollars worth for free. I mean I got New Vegas and did not even buy the DLC because there were so many mods that it was not necessary. Of course now the mods are reliant on DLC, mostly.

Sadly I do not have that much money but when I get some I will go premium or donate some to your cause. The blog was honest and it is nice that some gamers are for the gaming and not the money.

All the work and thought does go appreciated. I would like to give my thanks to all the work you and your small(but awesome) team does and has been done on behafe of people like me a daily mod downloader..and gammer. I go to work all day and as soon as i get home I feed and walk the dogs and off to the home office to pull up nexus and see what new and updated mods their are for skyrim. My brother can not understand how I could spend so many hours of each day messing with skyrim..I explained as best I could on how gaming is growing and modding is becoming a big part of that. I would love to see bethesda lift the cap on how many plugin's skyrim can handel..nexus mod manager freezes at 255 active plugin's...Wasn't sure how I was going to like the new mod manager for nexus but, after messing with skyrim and getting used to the categories all I can say is ..great job...and thank you for skyrim nexus.