Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

The nexus is and has alway's been the best site since morrowind and I also am very surprised that there are only 5 of you, your hard work is truly appreciated and obviousely there must be the temptation so sell this site as I am sure you will have had numerouse offer's. Thank you for sticking to your gun's, it is the atmosphere your policy's and user interface as much as the content that make this the very best of the best, compared to some of the other free game download site's none come's anywere near this but you have the right to make a decent living here so I for one would not really care about the advert's so long as the UI and policy's stayed the same, there are many other site's that for instance use a method by were before a download begin's a short advert is inserted with the excuse that it is showing while the dowload is prepared but this would create more time for server allocation and let's be fair it is cookies more than advert's that most of us hate.

Thank you dark one.

I am shamed by every one else going premium, I am paid on the 8th so will see about a lifetime one then as that is definetly the best value, and let's bee fair you are not paid by bethesda yet you manage to make the modding community far better and the game's with it.

Edited by LABTECH

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s no outside interest, board of directors or investors pulling the strings behind the scenes. Similarly no game developers have any influence or sway over me.

However, I then become answerable to shareholders and investors who are looking for a return on their investment as fast as possible. To be frank, F’ that.

Similarly it’s just me and 4 other programmers working on the Nexus. We have absolutely no one doing ad sales. I mean it, we have no ad reps at all. ... To me, it’s crazy to have more people working on selling than actually improving and producing the content that sells.

To put it simply, this blog gives me additional reasons to appreciate and enjoy visiting this site more than any other. Phenomenal and admirable work, all five of you, and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Honestly, I didnt even know the downtime was that big of an issue, I've never really even noticed any downtime since skyrim's release. That said, your approach on the money with this site is admirable and very humble. Im going to have to re-buy premium for another year now. I hope the server clustering goes well for you!

My admirations go out to you and your special way of running things here. I don't think I have seen a more likeable CEO in years :-)

Nexus is a tremendous site, so it goes down sometimes (rarely I might add) I just wait until it comes back on line it the meantime I play my games. As for downloading Mods, I already figured out how to use NMM to change server areas, which makes it easier when the Nexus is being hit pretty hard.

You people deserve a medal for giving so much to the gaming community, you and the Modders have changed my games for free, thats more than any greedy big company would do and I thank you for it.

I have learnt more useful and interesting things on the nexus than @ school (except for reading and writing of course) in the past 2 years I think. I check this site every day and I am constantly looking for more and more amazing mods that this community creates. Awesome extra content, huge pool of amazing ideas, and the kindest people I have ever seen.

The nexus has my incoditional support and will always have it! THank you so much for sucha a great service! And thanks to the community for such amazing content!

Regards from Spain!