Blog Piece: Nexus plans for stability and infrastructure improvements.

Dark0ne

Ty for the nexus!!

i feel proud that i never bothered to download anything from steamworkshop and stick with Nexus

Had no idea how hard it is for u guys to keep these running... Love your work

God Bless you all!!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin;

I will join in the chorus of respect for your philosophy and quality content, and you are to date one of the very few sites I have purchased a lifetime membership because of the value your site brings to the table, it only took me a couple of months back when I first waded into Oblivion modding to see you had earned it several times over.

RE: Money: If someone else erudicated similar 'wisdom' I ask forgiveness for repeating what was already said by another.

FWIW, Money is a evil that upon occasion must be dealt with. I have run a couple of small businesses myself, and I totally get where you're coming from about your values and commitments. What I post following this is based upon my own experiences and having learned things the hard way. Staying true to ideals that made you a success is worth it, but only up to a point when funding becomes necessary. I absolutely agree with you on 98% of what you wrote, especially regarding the ratio of marketers being excessive with some sites, but if you increased your staff by one person who tends to some marketing it will not by default tarnish your ideals. Firmly stated guiding principles for such a marketer, especially one who wants the site to remain as free as possible, will do wonders for you.

In my own businesses I was quite stubborn about remaining true to my ideals for they had carried me to success and nurtured my soul's direction. I won't bore you with a story, but I will say that I had a revelation from talking to a Marketer about ways to improve my revenue without compromising my ideals. It can be done, guided and properly contained in accordance with your ideals, a single Marketer who is of the same cloth as yourself can make a noticeable difference. They don't have to make a killing, it just has to make your site better at generating extra revenue, as the old saying goes, some money is better than no money.

All that said, I love what you do and I do not use the L word lightly. I would buy another membership in a heartbeat out of loyalty to you and your team. IMHO, Bethesda and other companies who's products you support with mods should foot a percentage of your bills, for while they may not like to admit to it, mods keep their games and sales alive.

Edited by Seeker17281

Dark0ne your team are great. This is undoubtedly the best mod site out there. I thank all you mod makers out there.

I think you are increasing the value of the the games in the Nexus world.

You know when you buy one of these games that the game play is going to go on. I think you should get a little from the game companies for making their product more than a game with limited life.

This site is the reason I would go out and buy the next Fallout. Why would I buy a game that would last a day or two. The worlds are bigger and better and alive with Nexus. The imagination of the mods and their makers and Nexus is selling the games. You should have their support; whether financial, technical and giving you what you need to help sell their product.

I am going to start rambling so I will stop there.

It's not boring at all. Just think if ALL corporations thought like this! I know, "Dream in one hand, and sh** in the other, and see which hand fills up first", but hey; I'm a dreamer, even when the other hand is over FLOWING with sh**! I absolutly love this site, and you guys, for making it! KEEP IT UP, MAN!!!

It's fascinating to see how a site so unique and influential like the Nexus runs. And that the creator / owner takes the time to connect to his audience in such a frank and personal way.

What I'm trying to say is I echo the host of other comments this blog post is getting, by leaving my own sincere expressions of respect and gratitude. Thanks, buddy.

Thank you for all that you and your team do. I do not block ads from the Nexus. Sites that do not encumber the browsing experience with an abundance of ads everywhere I tend help in my own way. I follow through links, look at content sometimes, rare sometimes, i buy things. Thank you to your team, you, and your family if you have one. I appreciate all the work you do allowing me to make my game that much better. Again thank you for being who you are and doing things the way you do them. could we maybe get a donation box or meter with goal so we the users can help with projects?

To be honest I think you guys should introduce a credit system for downloading mods. One thing that's frustrating as a mod author is putting in literally hundreds of hrs (I'm up to 1600 hrs on creation kit) into making these mods and not getting a cent back in return. What about doing a credit system like istockphoto or Xbox live where the user buys credits and uses those credits to download mods. Mod prices are based upon size, quality, complexity and popularity.

As for fears regarding the steam workshop I think once word gets out that you can get paid for your work modders will take down their mods off steam workshop and make them Nexus exclusive. I know I would.

With a paid credit system both you and the mod authors make money with every download. If I could make money modding I would gladly quit my job to do it full time to provide you guys with content.