Unable to disable "Water Walking" enchantment

Sherlyone

I activated this mod, everything was fine until I decided to deactivate the mod. I dont remember if I removed the amulet or not before deactivating, but I deactivated it.

Now I cant swim underwater whatsoever, even after deactivating/ activating the mod again, & I dont have experience with modding to tamper with the file, also the mod author isnt responding.

Any help/ideas? Really appreciate it.

" I dont remember if I removed the amulet or not before deactivating, but I deactivated it. "

Nu-uh, you didn't remove it if you are stuck with the enchantment.

Only way to remove it, if it's possible, would be to re-enable the mod, try equipping the amulet and then taking it off, if it's still stuck, try the following:

Edit:

M'kay, checked the .esp.

You'll need to try remove three magic effects from you, to do that:

Enable the mod

Get in game

Open console

Type in:

help muffle 4

You should see MGEF called aa_muffle and long serie of numbers and letters after it

Now, type in console:

player.removespell LONGSERIEOFNUMBERSHERE.

Repeat for all three effects.

Edited by Guest

HUGE thanks for everyone here.

Tried ArtMurder's suggestion with a clean save game I downloaded, character could swim underwater, but could see nothing at all, just blank "grey greenish" color.

Tried Shadowjin's solution, didnt find the line "aa_muffle", but I found the MGEF with id # corresponding to the amulet's id # and typed "player.removespell b2004450", but I only got the message "invalid spell item b2004450 for parameter spell item".

So till now, still cant swim underwater :(

Edited by Sherlyone

• 1 month later...

I have figured out a solution! :)

I am not sure whether this mod caused it or if it is just a solution, but download Athletics Training 1.41 from here. (requires SkyUI 3.1+)

In game, go to the mod config menu, athletics training, options and DISABLE waterwalking.

Ta-da. You can now save and remove this mod if you so desire.

Edited by Cyanide89