NMM; Unrecognized game mode.

ShatteredPawn

• 1 month later...

Apparently this is still an issue. :sad:

Well I fixed this BS with the following:

Deleted the user.config file as stated above.

Ran NMM as an admin - you must be able to do this

Scanned for my games

Selected Skyrim for setup

Mod directory & Install info - Choose the directories where your mods are currently located

Virtual Install - Same directory as the mod directory

This next part is when you have your game on a separate drive from all your installed mods:

Multi-HD install - select box (note you must be an admin to do so)

Required link - this will be the mod directory where your main game is (where is your .exe file and install on same drive)

Check other games to make sure they still work and do the above if needed.

Update: Nope, it's a hit and miss with this error.

Edited by untmdsprt

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure I've cracked it. Never been on this forum before but I couldn't find an answer and I by accident figured what I'm sure the problem is. Steam's directory and stuff is in the (x86) Program Files folder but Nexus' is in the normal Program Files folder. Cut and Paste the Nexus program files folder into the (x86) folder and then try again. This fixed it for me, hope it does the same for everybody else.

This worked, kudos.

• 3 months later...

Pretty sure I've cracked it. Never been on this forum before but I couldn't find an answer and I by accident figured what I'm sure the problem is. Steam's directory and stuff is in the (x86) Program Files folder but Nexus' is in the normal Program Files folder. Cut and Paste the Nexus program files folder into the (x86) folder and then try again. This fixed it for me, hope it does the same for everybody else.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

great ty

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...